Chapter 4

I groan, my muscles aching from the weird position of my body on the bed before smoothing my neck trying to ease the pain. I sure need a long relaxing shower.

I look around confused for a minute before the memories of yesterday came flooding into my mind.

Refusing to feel depressed I study my new room, for the min time that is.

The room is decorated with white and brown shiny furnishings, a window just beside the bed which feels soft under my body. Totally out of my taste, my room back at home is twice bigger than this and well decorated to my liking.

My bag was kept neatly close to the feet of the bed, after arranging the bed properly I search through my bag for relaxing clothes deciding to have a lethargic day today.

I walk towards a door at the corner end of the room pushing the door open to find a small bathroom "is this room meant to be for his maid" I muttered looking around with disgust finding this place below my usual criterion.

I strip my clothes off then got into the shower letting the freezing water cascade down my skin making me shudder, I try looking for the hot button but find nothing.

Unable to withstand the temperature I step out of the shower wrapping a towel around my hair and body still twitching from the cold, I rub my hand together to find any source of heat.

Leaving the bathroom I change into a gray and black with white canvas, left my hair curly falling freely on my shoulders then I applied light make-up before complimenting my look with my love pendant.

I contemplate unpacking my bags immediately or not, then deciding on leaving it for later because I had a pending issue to attend to, checking the time on my phone to find 25 miss calls and voicemails from Mum, Emma, and Sylvia.

I chose to ignore the voicemails, I can talk to them later but now I need to have as much strength for the decision I am about to make.

I left the room going towards Chance's room. After knocking a few times without reply I push the door open to find it empty, walking in I eyed every detail, taking the details of his room.

His room is as neat as ever, things well put in place. I have known him to be a neat guy, everything must be in order maybe it comes as a build composition of a businessman just like my Dad.

The thought of my Dad brought a ponderous feeling in my heart, shaking those thoughts from my mind I focus my mind on the reasons behind my presence here "you can't feel depressed" I mumble making that my motto for today.

I check his lavatory but no sign of him before deciding to check his office but I couldn't find him.

My stomach grumbles giving out a sign that I need to eat something. For the past few days food refuses to go down my stomach, the color pink disgusts me but I blame it on morning sickness which comes with being pregnant, after all.