xiv. like the bird

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A SHARP EXHALE MADE ITS WAY OUT OF JUNE'S MOUTH THAT SHUDDERED, REMINDING HER HOW COLD IT WAS. She shuddered, pulling her dark jacket around her shoulder tighter as if it would help. She thought for a moment, that maybe if she wasn't so stubborn and would listen to the demands by Clarke to remain in her tent, she wouldn't be so cold. But June was having a restless night so far, throwing herself around in her tent, until it became too much. She hadn't liked sleeping alone, and Clarke was long gone, left somewhere on her own after the wristbands were fried. June didn't push it.

The place June felt most secure was outside of the dropship's gate, in front of Wells grave. She knew how dangerous it was with the grounders, who could be circling their camp any time. But she didn't care. She's been on Earth for almost a week and has already lost so much. June wasn't going to let them take the feeling of solace she held onto, being at Wells grave. Sighing, she pulled her knees to her chest, setting her hands on top before beginning to mumble, only wanting to clear her head.

"I wanted to hurt Murphy. Then I wanted to hurt Charlotte." June paused, digging her nails into the mud-stained pants she was sporting. "Really bad. I've never wanted to hurt anyone like that." She drew in a deep breath. "I miss you." It came out as a short mumble. "I wish you were here."

June only stopped speaking when her brown eyes flickered up, seeing a bright light in the sky. It wasn't completely odd, but it was still enough to catch her attention and put her on guard. She squinted her eyes, confused by it. For a minute, she had even considered that it was a shooting star, but it didn't exactly look like one. June picked up herself onto her feet, remaining steady, and trying to make it out. It looked as if it was hurtling towards Earth, with a flame trailing behind it. There was only one space station in The Ark, which only meant one thing.

Dashing back into camp before sneaking through the gate, June glanced around to see most of her friends were out of their tents and staring in awe at the sight. She was glad they were excited, but there were more important issues to be concerned about. The thing from The Ark could have important supplies inside, and they had to be quick enough to get to it. June waved towards Roma, seeing her practically half-naked in the cold with a layer coated over her. "Hey, where's Clarke and Bellamy?" She asked.

"I don't know where Clarke is, but Bellamy is in his tent," Roma answered reluctantly, pointing behind her to the exact location. June sent her a curt nod in thanks before heading towards the direction of her target.

Flipping open the tent's opening, June ducked and made her way inside. Bellamy and Jones were looking over a map, and Octavia was just beginning to speak. "We should get moving," she says. "Everyone's ready."

"No one's going anywhere," Bellamy declared. "Not while it's dark, it isn't safe. We'll head out at first light, pass the word," he ordered to Jones who nodded back and left. June scowled, crossing her arms over her chest in irritation.