✧Some Party✧

Chapter 7- Some Party

Somehow Kira had gotten Liam's number and Liam and I were sitting in the back of her car as we drove to the 'party'. I could feel Liam getting fidgety in the seat next to me and I realized the full moon was rising and probably taking a toll on the new werewolf.

I remember Isaac's first full moon which had been a bit hectic. He, Boyd, and Erica were all still getting used to being werewolves and since I was living with Derek at the time, he and I were the one's trying to restrain them. Well he had been doing most of the restraining, I had just been there with my eyes closed tight as I prayed that it wasn't as painful for Isaac as it looked like it was.

One good thing came out of that night though, I had kept my brother anchored. The anger he had for our father and what he did to me was enough to keep Isaac fairly tame, despite the glimmering off-white sphere up in the dark sky.

My memory of that night came to an end as I looked over at Liam who was fumbling with his phone. He was not looking too good.

"Are you okay?" I found myself asking. Wow, I managed to say something to him without him actually trying to get something from me.

He cringed in pain instead of answering me but tried to play it off as he said to Kira, "Can you turn the music down?"

I raised my eyebrows, the music was barely audible. This must have to do with the whole super hearing thing that came along with being a werewolf. That also must mean that he was losing control.

"You want me to turn the music up?" Kira called back to us as she did that very thing. Even though that's not what he had wanted, Liam did not object. Instead he just sat in his seat and looked confused.

Liam's phone buzzed which caused me and him to jump. He quickly pulled it out of his pocket to look at his text. I adverted my eyes from the screen, not wanting to pry on his personal life.

"Who'd you say was coming to this party?" Liam questioned as he looked up from his phone and over to me.

"Um, like, everyone," I trailed off and looked up to Kira. We made eye contact in the rear view mirror and she seemed to be just as uncomfortable as I was. I brought my thumb to my mouth and chewed at my nail, the nervous habit of mine did little to calm me down. I stole a glance over at Liam who seemed to be breathing more laboriously now.

Thankfully, Kira soon pulled into the large driveway that belonged to the lake house. We all quickly hopped out of the small red car, only too see Scott's bike and Stiles' Jeep. This was probably about the time when Liam would be asking questions.

Liam waited for me to walk around to his side of the car and threw his arms out to show his confusion. "Where is everybody?"

Looks like I was right about the questions part.

"There here!"Kira told him, trying to sound enthusiastic. "Its a small party."

"Charlotte said that everyone was coming."

Kira's smile faltered and I felt my self cringe as our lies began to get tangled. At least we had made it here before he had gotten curious, right?

"They are! They're late and we're early." Kira assured him quickly. She looped her arms through his and I couldn't help but feel a bit jealous for some foolish reason. I guess I wish I had the same amount of confidence as she did.

The three of us walked through the houses' threshold only to be greeted by Stiles, Malia, Lydia, Scott, and a pile of chains on the coffee table. Stiles greeted us with a wave but everyone else seemed to wait silently for Liam's reaction.