↳ TWENTY-FOUR

TO MOST PEOPLE, blasting outraged rock music was hardly a way to channel good vibes, but with Izzy Holt, it had always been an undeniable sign of being in a fantastic mood

          TO MOST PEOPLE, blasting outraged rock music was hardly a way to channel good vibes, but with Izzy Holt, it had always been an undeniable sign of being in a fantastic mood. Therefore, when Diane found her daughter in the kitchen next morning, cooking an omelet while listening to a song she seemed to know all the words to even if Diane could barely make sense of them, it was obvious that something had gone well last night. And wasn't that the case — not only had her shift ended with them catching the worst bad guy she had ever met, but things with her and Maze had gotten a kick in the preferred direction, and that left her waltzing around the kitchen in her Spider-Man PJs with a greasy spatula in hand. Thor was enjoying this spike in happiness as well, his tongue hanging out and tail wagging as he patiently sat, waiting for any scraps to fall for him to so kindly clean up.

          "Good morning", Diane was evidently amused as she took her favorite coffee mug out of the cupboard, eyes curiously observing Isadora, who twirled around with a grin on her lips and a plate of warm eggs in her grasp. The heat of the stove was putting a redness onto her cheeks and her red locks were still damp from the refreshing, cold shower she had most definitely needed after the intensity of last night, and her eyes twinkled with something... new. It wasn't unusual for her to appear delighted and motivated, but there was definitely something different about her.

          "Morning, mom. Here you go", Izzy didn't hesitate to hand the omelet to Diane, who gratefully accepted the breakfast, not minding the switch in their roles for a change — usually, she loved cooking for Izzy, but the youngest Holt wasn't half-bad in the kitchen, either. As her mother sat by the dining table and Isadora began to whip together a breakfast for herself, she elected to elaborate on her high spirits before Diane could come up with any theories of her own, "John Decker's killer was caught last night. The case is being taken to court, I think you might be asked to take part in it too, but that's still some time away. Either way, it's a win."

          Surprised, but positively so, Diane looked up from the coffee she had poured for herself, eyes wide as they met Izzy's back. "Really? That's wonderful news, honey. If anyone deserves justice, it's John. Make sure to congratulate Chloe for me on getting the guy", the older redhead was impressed, and rightfully so, but she wasn't all that correct — after all, it hadn't been Chloe exactly who found him, and that made the pink on Izzy's cheeks turn into something else entirely.

          "Oh, uh, it wasn't Chloe. I mean, yes, Chloe brought him in, and yeah—but, it was actually Maze who found him. I think she's really going for this whole bounty hunter thingy", she cleared her throat, finishing up with the eggs on the pan as she avoided looking over to Diane, knowing full-well that it was obvious on her face that the mention of Mazikeen was one to mess with her head and heart worse than any other. What had started out as a casual pull to the undeniably stunning woman, was developing into brain-mushing, stomach-twisting, knee-weakening affection and there was nothing to stop the bullet train her heart had jumped on.