The Proposal: Part Three

The car ride was peaceful for the most part. Connor drove while Tasha rested in the passenger seat, leaning her head against the half opened window. They only stopped once at Tasha's insistence.

The cool breeze made goosebumps rise on Tasha's skin as she stepped barefoot into the sand, her eyes admiring the sights around her.

"I used to come here with my parents a lot." She explained, smiling at Connor over her shoulder. "I forgot how peaceful it is."

Connor was standing at the edge of the beach, watching Tasha with the upmost precision. Seeing her smile like that made him that much more hopeful for his proposal.

"Connor!" Tasha reached her hand out to him. "Come with me!"

She was standing at the edge of the lake, smiling at him with wide, excited eyes.

"I— I think it would be best if I—"

"C'mon! There's no one here."

Connor didn't say anything, but he did feel a little intrigued by the idea of swimming with her.

Tasha let out a dramatic sigh, turning her back to him. "Fine. I'll go by myself."

Before Connor could say anything Tasha had pulled off her shirt and pants, leaving her in her undergarments.

"Tasha, what—"

Tasha began walking into the water, the cool air making her shiver. "I told you I'd go by myself."

"It's a bit cold for you to be swimming, Tasha. You should —"

Tasha ignored his words, trudging through the cool water, her body shivering.

Connor walked towards the water as she continued to walk deeper , eyeing her suspiciously. "You should come back. At this rate you'll catch a cold."

"I'll leave if you come in here with me."

Connor shook his head, a sigh escaping his lips. "You're acting childish."

"You're acting like an old man." Tasha stuck her tongue out at him.

"I don't see how that has anything to do with anything, Tasha. Now please, we must go before you get hypothermia."

"We both know I'm far off from that, Con."

Tasha gave Connor an eye roll before letting her body completely fall into the water, submerging her completely. Connor was taken aback by this, leaning his body protectively towards her. She was only gone a moment before she came up again, but this time she was further from the shore, causing Connor to frown.

"Tasha, you shouldn't be that far out."

"It's not even that deep!" Tasha stuck her tongue out at him, sinking under the water once more.

Connor let out a frustrated sigh. She's too adorable for her own good.

After a few seconds Tasha had still not surfaced, so Connor scanned the water but could only see a faint outline of her body.

"Tasha?" He called, but she still didn't surface.

Connor didn't hesitate. He rushed into the water, swimming as fast as he could to her location. It was then Tasha surfaced.

"Connor! What are you—"

"Are you Alright?!" Connor had his hands on her body, examining her for any damage.

"Connor— yes I'm fine! I was just swimming." Tasha grabbed onto his face, frowning at the worried look on his face. "Oh, Connor, I'm sorry! I didn't think you'd worry so much."

"I always worry about you." Connor said as he pulled her body to him, holding her head to his chest. "I see the probabilities every second of every day. I know you want me to try to ignore them, and believe me, I've tried! But seeing any dangerous probability terrifies me. I couldn't imagine a world without you in it."

Tasha teared up at his words. "Connor." She leaned up and pressed her lips to his forehead. "I'm not going anywhere, alright? You can't get rid of me that easily, darling." Tasha teased, pressing kisses all along his face, trying to reassure him.

"You always know what to say." Connor smiled at her.

"No, I just love you."

Tasha giggled as she noticed he was fully clothed. "See, you should've listened to me."

"I'll bare that in mind next time." He smiled, then frowned. "Tasha, my calculations show if you stay in the water any longer you will catch a cold."

"Hmm, when we get to the cabin will you... warm me up?" Tasha winked at him as they waded towards the shore.

"Well, yes, of course. Why would I not— oh! You mean—" Connor's cheeks were tinged blue when he realized what she was insinuating. "Hmm, I'll have to see if you deserve it." He teased as they neared the vehicle, Tasha putting her clothes on fast as a cold breeze hit her, making her teeth chatter.

"I- I, fuck! You were rrrrright." She squealed as she got into the car, putting up the heater. Connor adjusted his body temperature so the car would heat her up faster.

Connor couldn't help but chuckle as he looked over at her.

"Aren't I always?"

A/N: Flufffff central! I now regret having the parts since it'll be a loooong section of the story lol