Chapter 3: Dinner and a Show

Your P.O.V.
It was the day after you met Kara and you were going out on a date with her. There was something about her that made her shine. You didn't know what it was but it was almost intoxicating. Your heart was racing quickly so you tried to slow it down. You thought 'I need some calm music' as you tried looking for a song. When calmness entered your mind you immediately thought Demons by Imagine Dragons.

You started singing as you got ready "When the days are cold and the cards all fold and the saints we see are all made of gold. When your dreams all fail and the ones we hail are the worst of all. And the blood's run stale." You got a nice (suit/dress) on while you kept singing "I wanna hide the truth, I wanna shelter you. But with the beast inside there's nowhere we can hide." You got your shoes on and grabbed your wallet. You kept singing "No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed. This is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come." You got outside and headed to Kara's apartment. You sang as you walked over "Oh, when you feel my heat, look into my eyes. It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide. Don't get too close, it's dark inside. It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide." You arrived at Kara's floor and decided to stop singing, your heart was calm. But it started back up when you realized a fatal mistake: you didn't know where you would be going. You knocked on the door not knowing what would be occurring on this date.

Earlier. Kara's P.O.V.
I was kinda worried. Ever since Mon-El left I don't know who else I could've gone out with. (F/N) seems like a good choice. (He's/She's) a bit shy but (he's/she's) a good singer. If (he/she) has a good heart I will most likely date (him/her). I haven't had a date in a long time and I think it'll be a nice change. I didn't want to leave my house just in case National City needed Supergirl. That brought out another challenge: if I do end up dating (F/N) should I tell (him/her) I'm Supergirl? So many questions and concerns are surrounding my head. I needed someone to help, I knew just to call. I picked up my phone and dialed Alex's number. I said "Hey Alex, I need some help with... something." I didn't want to tell her I was going on a date so I made it as scarce as possible. She said "O...k. I'm on my way over." I said "Thanks." and hung up.

I was pacing back and forth a lot. I didn't know what to do for the date. I was super speeding back and forth between my room and the living room trying to make everything presentable. As I was doing this Alex walked in and said "I think you got this under control." I stopped and saw her. I said "No, I don't." She asked "Why? What's going on?" I had to tell her. Despite me being a superhuman she could always see through me. I said "I'm having someone over." Alex's mouth was wide open and said "So a date? With who?". I said "(F/N)." She got worried and said "Didn't we just meet (him/her) like a few days ago?" I quickly reacted "If (he/she) doesn't want to treat it like a date we can just hang out." Alex looked at what I was wearing, a red dress with presentable shoes and my hair tied back. It was odd because I never had my hair tied back. She said "I think you're making it act like a date." I looked at my dress and said "Should it be a date?" She then said "Only make it a date if you want it to." I started to calm down and said "Thanks, I needed that." She said "I'll stay and help out if you want." I nodded my head and she helped me out until the door rang.

Alex's P.O.V.
I could tell Kara's heart was racing again and she said "Who is it? Is it (F/N)?" I said "Calm down, I'll check to see who it is." She started to calm down and I got up to check the door, it was indeed (F/N). (He/She) was in a (full on suit/stunning dress), (he/she) looked really fancy for a first date. I said "Kara, stay calm." She said "It's (F/N)?" She started taking deep breaths and said "Ok, I'm ready." I opened the door and heard my phone ringing. I said "Lucky timing." as I opened the door and saw (F/N). I said "She's waiting for you." and (he/she) said "Thanks." as I was on my way back to the DEO. I picked up the phone and said "Hello." Brainy was on the other end and he said "Alex, you remember (F/N). From the karaoke night." I said "Yeah, I just saw (him/her). Why?" He said "You need to come here to believe it." I started hurrying back to the DEO to see what was up.