Chapter 78: With The Snap of Their Fingers, They Moved the Stars

Thanks to Jade ThunderhoofFor helping write this chapter!
----------------------

Steven blinked once, then twice, then a third time just to be certain, before loudly shouting for the others. Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst all rushed into the temple from their rooms at once, weapons at the ready

"Steven, what's wrong?!" Pearl asked frantically, grasping her spear tightly. Pearl watched as Steven pointed towards the couch with a trembling finger, and a collective gasp escaped the trio as their eyes landed on the eerily familiar human slowly rising from the sofa.

"Pink Diamond's Court Ruler F/n L/n; serial number 24FG10E." Y/n stated plainly as they cautiously approached the gems with their hands up to their shoulders. The gems glanced at each other before looking back at the deadpanned human making their way towards them, "If you'll put away your weapons, I'd like to have a few words with you all."

Garnet's eyes shifted from 'Y/n' to Steven then to her companions, before hesitantly letting her gauntlets dissipate. The fusion watched as an odd smile stretched across Y/n's face, and though she hid it, something in her screamed 'Kill'.

"Fine." Garnet agreed, taken aback by how bitter it sounded on the way out of her mouth. Y/n huffed as they lowered their arms.

"I see you've changed." Y/n spat sarcastically.

"Guys...?" Steven called. "What about her?"

All three gems looked towards the couch again and spotted the pink gem standing awkwardly behind the coffee table.

"She's with me." Y/n quickly reassured, beckoning her closer with a gloved hand. "Everyone, this is-"

"You have a pearl?!" Pearl blurted out, her tone brimming with confusion and possibly offense.

"-my wife..." Y/n finished dully as Pink Pearl shyly approached them and immediately gravitated toward their side. Pearl's mouth formed an 'o' before clamping shut as an embarrassed teal blush spread across her face.

"Shall we?" Y/n asked after a few moments, gesturing to the sofa behind them.

The gems followed Y/n as they sat back down on the far end of the couch, the pink pearl snuggling up beside them. Steven and Amethyst took seats on the floor while Pearl sat down behind the table. Garnet, however, stood tall, her arms crossed and her mouth tight. Y/n blinked before gesturing towards the fusion with a snicker.

"Is that supposed to intimidate me, Garnet?" Y/n scoffed before nodding at her. "Have a seat." They gritted.

The room grew tense as the two stared each other down before Garnet slowly, hesitantly, lowered herself to the ground. A tiny smirk made its way onto Y/n's face as they sat back into a more relaxed position, their eyelids heavy as they peered across the group in front of them.

"I'm sure you all have questions..." They started as their eyes landed on Pearl, studying her strained facial expression with a humored smile. "...but I'm letting Steven ask his first." Extending a hand, they nodded towards the boy. "Go ahead."

"Who... are you?" He asked slowly, before shaking his head, flustered. "Like, y'know... You look like Y/n but- y'know...?"

"I know what you mean, Steven." Y/n chuckled. "You really don't recognize me, though?"
They sat up, reaching into their cape, and all three gems tensed up.

"Oh, relax!" Y/n sneered as they pulled out a small, thin box. Opening it, they tenderly picked up an almost invisible contact and placed it into their eye. Blinking a few times, they turned back to face Steven, and his jaw dropped as he recognized the clouded eye.