Winds of Change

After they had arrived at their vehicles, the day before, they decided best to look at the damage done to Mount Weather

After they had arrived at their vehicles, the day before, they decided best to look at the damage done to Mount Weather. Much to Pike's displeasure, Nia would come along. She needed to know whether Alec had been inside as well. The two younger girls wanted to come along but she had told them otherwise.

So while the others went to Arkadia. Nia, the Blake siblings, Kane, Pike and a guard went to Mount Weather.

Being on the horse, Nia could see the destruction before the others. The rubble made her think of missile that had hit Tondc. Sinclair and Raven sat motionless as they stared at where the door would be. Her eyes on them as she dismounted her horse, unknowingly, her hand slid over the scar that she had obtained. The memories of it flashing through her mind.

Bellamy looked around the debris. Many emotions flowed through him. Anger. Sadness. Defeat. Grounders did this. They took innocent lives to prove a point. He glanced over at Nia only to see her still beside her horse and holding her once wound. For a second his emotions deflated even though she was a Grounder, he still cared for her.

"You did this?" The guard accused before making strides over to Nia.

Not liking the look in his eyes Bellamy quickly made his way toward Nia. He stepped in front of her while keeping the guard at a distance. "She wasn't here and she had no clue." He defended.

Kane made his way over as well and began to talk with the guard. But none of them noticed the pair of eyes on them. Pike couldn't help but notice how quickly Bellamy was able to defend Nia. What he had also noticed was how Bellamy looked at the destruction before.

"I didn't know about this. And if I had I would've done everything I could to stop it." Nia protested before walking off. She needed to take in her surroundings.

No one made a move to follow her for a minute before Bellamy left behind her. Right now wasn't the time for her to be by herself. Not long ago Azgeda had tried to kill her.

Wordless the two made their way through the trees. Neither one didn't know what to say. One was angry about the situation while the other was trying her best to find a better outcome.

"Lexa will see to it that Azgeda pays for this. You have to believe me, Bellamy, this was the last thing we'd want to happen to Skaikru. Now that Skaikru is apart of the coalition, we stand together." Nia tried to reason with Bellamy but it didn't do much to calm his rage and guilt.

But before he could counter her statement they heard a rustle from a bush a few yards away. Both went it defensive mode as Bellamy raised his gun and Nia readied her bow. Slowly and cautiously, they made their way forward.

When they finally passed through the brush they were shocked by the sight. Alec laid before them, hands tied, blood dripping from his eyebrow and his cheek swollen and bruised.

"Alec." Nia breathed out of relief. He was alive. She put her bow away and made her way over to untie him.

Bellamy looked surprised and upset to see him. This allowed him to know where he had disappeared to when Echo had first shown up. But he was upset by the fact that he was alive. Why did he get to live while countless others lost their lives? He just couldn't push pass the hated buried inside him.