Promise ; Hanamaki X Reader

A/N: Thank you so much @_RedFlags_ for requesting this one-shot, I hope you enjoy!

•••

"... (Y/N). As in, (Y/N) from class 3-5?!" Oikawa gasps in realization, as your face pops up in his memory.

"Oh yea... (Y/N). I think she's in my class, actually." Iwaizumi continues, humming in recognition.

"What about (Y/N) from class 3-5?" Matsukawa casually cuts into the conversation, as he approaches the group of boys gathered in the locker room before practice.

"Makki has a big fat ooey gooey crush on her." Oikawa smirks tauntingly, poking lightly at Hanamaki's cheeks.

"I never said I had a crush on her!" Hanamaki protests louder than necessary, his face flushing into a rare shade of red.

"Ah, ah, ah ~ you should know better than to deny and blush when asked about a crush, it just makes the truth much easier to spot!" Oikawa tsks, waving his pointer finger side to side teasingly.

"So you have a crush on (Y/N) from class 3-5? Isn't she a little too out of your league though, dude?" Matsukawa jokes, giving his pink haired friend a little nudge in the ribs.

"Don't crush my spirits so cruelly, man!" Hanamaki complains, shoving Matsukawa's elbow away roughly.

"So you admit you like her?!" Oikawa pipes in excitedly, inching closer to Hanamaki and his flushed face.

"Those words never left my mouth!" Hanamaki exclaims exasperatedly, his shoulders dropping with each word.

"Oh come on, Makki. I think everybody and their dog knows you have a genuine crush on (Y/N). Right, Iwa-chan?" Oikawa says bluntly, his eyes narrowing knowingly.

"Sorry man, I have to agree with Oikawa on this one." Iwaizumi sighs, patting Hanamaki's back in support before pulling on his shirt and exciting the locker room.

"And there you have it." Oikawa smirks, following quickly behind his childhood friend.

"... I can hook you up a date with her real quick, if you want. I have... connections." Matsukawa smirks, raising his eyebrows in a mocking manner.

"Dude." Hanamaki scoffs, shaking his head and chuckling in disbelief.

"... alright. Give me every damn idea you've got in that little shriveled brain of yours." Hanamaki sighs seriously, crouching closer to Matsukawa in order to let his "wingman's" ideas quietly travel into his ear.

"You know what? After that unnecessary comment of yours, I change my mind." Matsukawa laughs evilly, turning his head and walking straight out the locker room door.

"Dude, you can't just leave me hanging like that!" Hanamaki calls out after him, throwing his white sweat towel into his bag before exiting close behind his friend.

•••

"(Y/N), don't tell me it's true!" Your best friend burst through your classroom door as the lunch bell rings.

"What? Don't tell you what's true?!" You reply frantically, flinching as Himari aggressively places her hands atop of your desk, causing it to rattle.

"You-" Himari yells out loudly, before realizing her volume, looking around the classroom to make sure nobody is interested in your conversation, and decreasing her voice to a whisper as she lowers her mouth near your ear.

"You like Hanamaki? Hanamaki Takahiro, from class 3-3?!" Himari whisper yells, her tone a bit too hostile in your opinion.

"What?! Who told you?!" You whisper yell back, grabbing your friend by the top of her shirt and shaking her back and forth.