Chapter 5

Staring down the garden deep in thought Ming couldn't help but helplessly sigh, though the garden was beautiful and peaceful it somehow felt rather... empty.

It didn't sit quite well for him maybe it's because the place was still new and he hasn't fully settled or maybe the fact that the air was much purer then his high technology but overcrowded world but then still...even though he tried his best to think happy thoughts he still can't rub off that feeling he was missing something that felt like home to him.

As he was too deep in thought soon a male voice can be heard in the distance, this caused him to immediately snapped out of his thoughts, whipping his head at the direction where the voice is coming from, there Ming spotted a male servant standing right at the gates.

"Consort Feng Ru wishes to pay a visit to Consort Heng Ming" before Ming could decline a woman appeared out of nowhere behind the servant.

Assessing the women who was called Consort Feng Rui, Ming recalled who she is, she was a minor character who had bad fashion taste and like to insult others, he could already tell how her character is. She was in her mid-20s and wore quality but gaudy clothes, she was not the best-looking women he ever saw, heck even his looks is better than hers.

Strutting like she owns the place she faced him with a look of contempt before opening her fouled mouth.

"My my my... I heard that the lord didn't visit you last night not even giving your child a name...what a pity" mocked Consort Feng.

'Damn word travels faster than my wifi connection' Ming joked in his thought.

"And what does that got to do with you... hmm?" He lazily spoke not even fazed by her mocking.

"Nothing, I just like to check to see if poor Consort Heng will chuck a fit, you know the usual?"

As Bao Chun heard the insults he gritted his teeth in anger, how dare she insult his master.

Worried, he turned to his master direction but to his surprise he only saw his master unfazed face. Chun breath out a sense of relief as he returned his sight back to the consort not before giving his most prized deathly glares.

"Aww, the fact that Consort Feng cares about this Consort makes me feel warm but shouldn't you worry about how to satisfy the lord instead?" Ming mocked back as he can tell this girl in front of him haven't even lost it yet.

In response, Feng Rui could only turn pale as her cheeks tinted red, she was left speechless. She tried to find a good comeback to retort back but nothing came to mind instead she just stood there awkwardly, obviously defeated.

'Ha, nothing to say bitch' Ming did a victory jump in his mind.

"Aiyah... this consort head hurts, Bao Chun please escort Consort Feng and her servant out so this consort can sleep."

As Bao Chun was about to escort Feng Rui, she decided to go herself as she shook him off with her sleeves while leaving with a flushed angered face, as she was about to exit the courtyard she was suddenly stopped by Ming's voice.

"Oh before Consort Feng leave, you should really fly a kite or something. I'm not always available to keep some troublesome people entertain. You know..." Ming helplessly sighed before muttering out his last words. "Maybe this why the general hasn't bed you yet... pity. It's okay, maybe sister would understand mother hood someday."

Leaving the bewildered consort standing there with a distorted look, he smoothly enters his courtyard with Jun cradled in his arm and Chun by his side.

Ming didn't care about the poor Consort feeling , walking to his headquarters, head up high with pride. All was in his mind was the complete victory.

Ming: 1 Consort Feng: 0

Maybe this will put her in her place for now.

Hearing this insult Feng Rui immediately gnashed her teeth as she stomped in her spot, after her sulking tantrum, she eventually stormed away in utter defeat with her servant tailing right behind.

'Ahh such pitiful creatures,' Ming thought as he turn his head away from the window.

After she left Ming gently put down a sleepy Jun on his bed to rest. Walking over to the wooden table to have a seat, he plop himself down and cup his hand together resting his chin on top of them before he seriously began to think.

What was he thinking? Well...

He wanted to know how far he's gone into the plot to see if the original true scheming has started yet or not.

Some may have wondered how the male lead slept with the original owner since he wasn't interested in anyone, as he was described as being an emotionless and cold person.

Well, the original actually schemed to become pregnant with the commander child, as when the commander was drunk from celebrating with his soldiers he was unknowingly dragged into the originals courtyard thus lead them into lovemaking.

He wasn't only just drunk but he was actually also drugged by some aphrodisiac that another consort has somehow slipped into his drink but unfortunately for that consort the original got to the commander first.

Though the original didn't really love the commander he just wanted to become the main wife so he could enjoy a rich and lavish life but oh boy how he was wrong.

He was sent to this desolate courtyard as punishment for drugging the lord by the madam, thankfully he didn't get beaten to death but instead got his salary cut in half.

The male lead was known as Long Kuo Jian and was about 22 years of age, he was described as a cold and emotionless person who showed no enemies mercy.

The male lead did actually visit the original but that was 2 days after giving birth once the madam arrived back from visiting a shrine.

Thankfully Ming arrived 2 days before the male lead will come to see Jun and before the protagonist will find out about his engagement with Long Kuo Jian.

The protagonist was the son of a high official minister. He was also a Ger that was known for his beauty and is the 3rd youngest in the family, his mother was a maid who bed with the lustful minister thus leading to conceive Lin Rong, the protagonist.

___________________________________________

Fly a kite-a rude expression used to tell someone to stop annoying you and go away;