The8 ~ Scaredy Cat

Today was a free day, so SVT were going to go to the amusement park! You tagged along, of course. You were anticipating the day full of festivities ahead.

You walked through the kingdom of tall and twisty roller coasters, games with stuffed animal prizes, and unhealthy food. Of course, you just had to try a whole bunch of food. What's the point of going to a theme park and not eating like a pig?

Everyone ran off in separate directions to go do what they desired. You decided to go on rides first, and then eat a lot.

A ride with a huge, steep drop caught your eye. You had to go on it!

"Guys, I'm going on this one! Someone come with me!" you shouted pointing to the ride.

You scurried over to the roller coaster, Minghao, Jeonghan, and Dokyeom following closely behind you.

"(Y/N), can I sit next to you?" Minghao asked while you were waiting in line.

"Of course!" you flashed him a smile.

He smiled back shyly.

It was time to get on the ride. You went in first, and Minghao followed.

"Yay!" you clapped in excitement. "This is going to be so much fun! Are you excited?"

He nodded hesitantly.

"Hao, are you okay? You look a little nervous. I thought you really liked roller coasters."

You knew that fact because of episode 17 of Going Seventeen. He didn't need to know that, though.

"Well, I do... I'm just a little nervous for the drop," he said quietly.

You giggled at his cuteness. "Don't worry, you'll be just fine. You can even hold onto me if you want."

He blushed, slipping his hand into yours. The roller coaster started moving, and you squealed in delight.

It wasn't scary; there were a few minor drops. You finally approached the big drop.

"Here it comes, Minghao!!! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!" you shrieked in excitement, your heart pounding.

The coaster made a slight stop at the top. Minghao squeezed his eyes shut, clenching his teeth. You looked over at him, giggling at his cuteness.

Suddenly, the roller coaster dropped, going at what seemed like the speed of light.

You screamed, squeezing Minghao's hand tightly. He cowered, cringing a little bit. It wasn't because the drop was scary; it was actually much less scary than he had expected. It was because your high-pitched screaming hurt his ear and your hand could almost stop the blood flow to his hand.

The ride finally ended, and you heaved a sigh. 

"That was so much fun! Don't you think so, Hao?"

"Yes,"  he hobbled out, still covering his ear.

"What's wrong? You didn't like it?"

"No, it was fine. Your screaming just deafened me and you cut off the blood flow to my hand."

You giggled, blushing. "Oh... sorry. I guess I was really more afraid than you were."

"Gosh, (Y/N), you were screaming so loud that the people behind you were looking at you weird," Jeonghan walked over.

You looked down, embarrassed. "Oops."

"Well, time for the next ride!" you grabbed Minghao's hand and ran to another ride.

"These kids," Jeonghan shook his head.

"Let's leave them and do something else," DK said.

The two walked away to meet up with others, leaving you and Minghao, who were running over to a different ride.

Minghao didn't leave your side for the whole day. He did admire you greatly, after all.