fifty-nine

mature content

AMARA

My dad had left when he got a call from someone, saying he had to go help the gang. The gang was split now, some staying by my mums side, but most trusting my dad. My dad had gathered all of his most trusted to gather in a hotel close to Louis' apartment, and they were all tracking down my mother as well. Unfortunately, she was a very smart woman and knew how to cover her tracks and hide well.

"Pizza?" Louis offered, my nose scrunching up when I looked at the greasy slice. I shook my head, declining the pizza, noticing Harry look at me weirdly. I didn't feel like pizza, which was odd, but I couldn't help but feel grossed out by the scent of it.

"You love pizza," Harry frowned, watching closely as I grabbed the bread and a tomato from the fridge. I felt Harry's stare as I shrugged at him, slicing the tomato on the cutting board. I placed the slices neatly on two pieces of bread, placing it onto a plate before joining the boys on the couch. I could see Harry still looking at me weirdly from the corner of my eye, growing annoyed at him.

"Why are you looking at me?" I snapped, looking up at Harry's surprised face after taking a bite of my sandwich. He looked taken aback by my attitude, his hand which was holding his pizza slice freezing.

"You're refusing pizza for a tomato sandwich?" Harry frowned, Louis sitting back looking between us both.

"What's wrong with a tomato sandwich, I just don't feel like pizza. Is that a crime, Harry?" I growled, glaring at Louis when he snickered.

I watched Harry's eyes soften, his head shaking at me. I immediately felt guilty for snapping at him, putting my sandwich down. I knew I was due for my period, and it wasn't surprising that I got pretty moody when reaching the date. Harry knew that, and I'm assuming he figured it out.

"I'm sorry, baby," I apologised to Harry, ignoring Louis as he tried hiding his laughs with his jacket sleeve. Harry nodded, sending me a knowing look.

I finished eating my weird concoction in minutes, placing the plate in the sink when I was done. I moved to the door when a knock was heard behind it, resting my hand on the doorknob. I removed my hand when Harry pushed me gently away from the door, opening it himself. I knew he was just being protective, he still didn't forget what happened when I opened the door thinking it was him.

"Haz!" I cringed when a loud female voice screeched, stepping back as Harry stumbled from the girl tackling him in a hug. My face set into a scowl as she hugged him, pressing a kiss to his cheek. I felt my fist clench when Harry returned the gesture, his arms surrounding her in a hug.

"Hey, Liv," Harry smiled, finally releasing her after a few seconds. I unclenched my fist when Harry turned around, pulling me forward. "This is Amara."

"It's lovely to meet you, I'm Olivia," I was shocked when she pulled me into a short hug, hesitantly hugging her back. It wasn't until now I noticed Elijah behind her, his head nodding in my direction.

"How've you been? I missed you so much," Olivia grabbed Harry's arm, pulling him to sit with her on the couch. I frowned at them as Harry talked with her, feeling jealous as they laughed together.

We almost had sex on that couch a couple days ago.

I jumped when a hand rested on my shoulder, my eyes snapping away from Harry and Olivia.

"You might pop a vein if you keep clenching your fist like that," Louis teased, my hand relaxing when I realised I'd been clenching it without knowing. "What's wrong, doll?"

"Nothings wrong. I'm fine," I faked a smile, clearly not convincing him. I sighed as he looked away, his eyes falling on the pair sitting on the couch. I followed his gaze, seeing Elijah and Harry laughing loudly at a joke Olivia just told.