10. Call Me a Doctor

Sorry for the delay. I work so damn much. HERE YOU GO. VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE.

           This morning I plan on doing something productive. Or in all honesty take my mind off of Justin. See, it’s obvious that Jace absolutely hates Justin so I can’t just jump out and tell her I’m kissing the person she hates the most that lives across the hall. And who is to even say that Justin will kiss me again? What if this was a onetime thing?

              I most certainly hope it is not a onetime thing because I can now understand why everyone is so obsessed with kissing. It makes me curious about other things. Like, what is it like to touch the thing? What’s it like for someone to touch my…things? Such curiosity, such unknown. And I feel like I’m waking up after a terrible and uneventful dream and am slowly trying to trudge my way back into reality.

                With a smile, I slipped on some yoga pants and a sports bra, ready for my daily jog. I try to workout at least three times a week, which is great for me since I work a lot of the time. I left my bedroom and the apartment, heading for the elevator while slipping my hair up and into a ponytail. Whistling along my way, I reached to press the elevator button but another hand beat me to it. A stronger and tanner hand.

                “Good morning, Kasey,” Justin greeted.

                I turned red from my head all the way down to my toes and let my hand fall back down limp at my side. “Um, hi,” I whispered.

                Justin let out a husky laugh that made me shiver and I averted my gaze. “How are you this fine morning?”

                “Just a little anxious so going for a run.”

                “It’s nice that you like to stay in shape.”

                “Mhm, most definitely.” Jeez, why is the elevator taking so dang long?

                “Alright, I can’t keep up with this game. What’s your deal?” Justin said in his normal voice instead of the cheerful and uplifting one he has been playing at.

                “Nothing.” I shook my head.

                He raised an eyebrow. “Are you seeing someone else and feel guilty about last night?”

                “What? No!”

                “Was the kiss terrible?”

                “No.”

                “…Oh, I get it.” He snorted a laugh and then turned away.

                “What?” I frowned.

                “Jace. You’re afraid of what Jace thinks.” I bit my lip against the immediate instinct to say no and just settled for silence. He shook his head and stepped into the elevator when it opened. I followed after. “Honestly, if you ask my opinion—”

                “I didn’t really ask for your opinion, actually,” I snapped. I don’t want to talk about any of this. I just want to run. That’s all. That’s it. That simple.

                The corner of his lips turned up into a sly smile. “I think I’m going to like this feisty side of you. It’s so interesting, like a light in the darkness, a needle in a haystack.”

                “Justin…” I sighed.

                “Yes, my little light?”