Before You Begin

✧ BEFORE YOU BEGIN – A/N WRITTEN MARCH 17, 2021 

well, hi there! thanks so much for joining me here on my little corner of the internet. before you begin reading, i just wanted to let you know about a few things... 

#1: THIS IS THROUGH A GUY'S POINT OF VIEW:

yup – kinda fun, huh? i am a girl, but i thought it'd be fun back then to write out of a guy's point of view. so i did, and it was a total blast. 

#2: HE'S KIND OF AN ASS AT FIRST LMAO:

the main character, reece, is pretty much an ass at first. even when i went to reread i was like yo chill, bruv. but he's the kind of person you have to keep an open mind about. i can assure you he's not going to stay like that for the whole story. also, please note, if his dumbass offends you in any way, these are reece's opinions and not mine as an author. 

#3: THIS STORY IS ALMOST A DECADE OLD AND IT'S (mostly) UNEDITED:

just writing that this story is almost a decade old is literally nuts. atw is my first ever completed story. i started it in 2014 and finished it in 2015, and i wrote it when i was 15-16. the majority of the story is unedited, so i know there's revisions and revamps to be done. i was just a teenage girl writing out of the total passion of this story, so i hope you can forgive it. that being said... 

#4: I'M (VERY) SLOWLY GETTING TO REVISIONS:

as of writing this author's note, i revised the first three chapters for an outside project. it's inspired me to reread atw and to edit it. however, i'm a 22 year old now entering graduate school for occupational therapy and also working on the spin-off to this story memory documentation, so i'll get through the revisions very slowly. 

NONETHELESS, this story has such a special place in my heart. atw taught me so much and did so much for teenage me. i found a passion in writing by writing this story and it's forever changed me as a person. so thank you for being here. whether you're a first time reader or a rereader, thank you from the bottom of my heart. i'm forever grateful for the community here on wattpad. thanks for the love on this story and my other stories. i hope these characters make you smile, laugh, roll your eyes, swoon, and experience everything in between. throughout my revisions, i'm going to keep my old author's notes for sentiment sake. they begin on chapter 8 because of some previous revisions i did years ago while i was still writing this story.  

before you go, leave your mark. there's beauty in community and i wanna know: first time or re-reader, what time is it, what's the date, where are you from? 

now, read on and enjoy x