Symbol (2)

"It's me, please put the knife down I'm the next symbol of peace"

They heard a thud and a few steps before the voice came in,

It was a monotone emotionless voice, one not fitting of a symbol of peace, there's no emotion, no courage, no bravery, not a bit of nervousness, it was just blank, like the person on the other side was talking about the weather instead of the
declaring himself as the next pillar of hope for society

Tomura was intrigued

"Oh? I can't hear you clearly, come closer won't you?"

He heard a few steps forward

"Is this clear enough for you?"

"Ooh I like his voice! Tomu-chan tell him to facecam us! Let's see the guy behind that delicious voice!"

"I would but let's not forget who broke the camera in the drone in the first place"

"In my defense there was a very very ugly bug on it!"

"The shit you talking about? It was my hand on there" Dabi grunts

"As I said, there was a very very ugly bug on it"

"Hello?"

"Shut up, the symbol of peace is talking"

"Tell him I said hi! Wait no I'll say it myself- wait ask him his name!"

"You heard her, what's your name mr.next-symbol-of-peace?"

"...Don't you usually introduce yourself first before you ask the other person their name? "

"Oh? Forgive us, we're used to proud brave heroes declaring their names infront of us and not the other way around"

And then there was silence

"Tell them not to do that next time, that's rude, also it's pathetic you let people speak over you, try to fix that too"

"PFFFTTT"

Tomura stares at the screen though he knows he can see nothing, Toga is wheezing on the floor and Dabi puts away his phone, listening in amusement

"Excuse me?"

"Aren't you a villain? What kind of villain excuses themselves? I'd give a villain impression but I don't think it'll look good in my record since there's future heroes and actual pro heroes listening in right now"

"Please please pleaaaaase I know it hasn't worked yet but come on we gotta try to convert that guy to our side!"

"I agree" Dabi raises his hand, Tomura hisses

"We're not here to make friends, you, why aren't you nervous at all? You're talking with a villain, act like it"

"Act like what? What do you want me to say? Oh please don't hurt the children you can kill me instead! Is that what you want me to say? Just tell me, I've been told that I'm a good actor"

"Say it say it!" Tomura coughs

"So Mr....?"

"I told you, introduce yourself first"

"You may call me... Tomura"

"Okay hello Tomura, my name is Izuku, how was your day?"

"It was... fine and normal...? I have some questions for you"

"Cool so like you're doing an interview, is this like a test to see if I'm fit for the position or not? I feel like I'm applying for a job, very pressuring"