|Thirty-one|

Threading my fingers together, I wrung it nervously. Standing outside of Xerxes' study, too afraid to knock and interrupt them but Xerxes was the one who had beckoned me to come into his study, through mind link.

After two days since he marked me, our minds were connected and we could mind link. I was astonished at first when I heard his voice in my head, I contemplated if I had gone mad for a while but his presence was undeniable. I ran into his study and told him about what I was hearing, he didn't react like I had hoped but a kiss on my forehead was enough of a reaction for me.

Don't just stand there, come in.

Xerxes voice resounded in my head, loud and clear. But, that doesn't mean, there wasn't any drawbacks to our new established mind link. Just because Xerxes could mind link and talk to me through it, it doesn't necessarily mean I could do the same.

Despite his ability to mind link me, I wasn't very much experienced in it. In fact, there were only a handful of times when he hear what I reply to him through mind link, me being weak obviously the reason for that.

I was trying to work on that, and make our bond stronger.

Blowing out a breath, I held the doorknob and turned it, opening it just enough for me to squeeze in.

All four heads in the room turned towards my direction, familiar faces greeting me. Plastering a smile on my face, I walked further in the room closing the door behind me.

Xerxes was seated on the chair behind the wooden table, while Damien, Liam and Luke stood at the edge of the table.

"Inform me if you find anything." Xerxes' eyes were on Damien who gave a curt nod in return, Luke and Liam standing a step behind him, their stance stiff and face stoic.

Xerxes gave a nod and that probably was their cue to leave as three huge men, bowed their heads slightly and turned away from Xerxes.

"Hello." I greeted Damien with a smile.

Damien bowed his head in return giving me curt response. "Luna."

I still find it weird and uncomfortable- bowing when people of the pack sees me. They do it out of respect and that was how the tradition goes in Xerxes pack but I was still new with this kind of reaction. Xerxes said I should get used to it, and I was trying to.

"Luke, Liam, how are you?" I asked the twins, who looked slightly dishevelled or was it just me.

"I'm okay." They answered in unison then glared at each other, making me giggle. "You look well." Luke, the blue eyed twin commented, a soft smile on his face.

I nodded.

"Take care, Mer-Luna." Liam was quick to correct himself.

"We'll take our leave." Damien spoke and before walking pass me, three of them bowed their heads again at me.

I heard the door clicked shut behind me, Xerxes still seated in the chair beckoned me to come over, my legs started moving on its own accord, taking me to him.

Before I reached his table, he stood up from his chair and met me half way. He held his hand out and with a wide smile i placed my hand on his.

Day by day Xerxes was opening up to me and i couldn't ask for anything more. It might take many more months for him to fully bare his emotions with me but I was ready to wait, for as long as it takes because it was Xerxes- the one i was slowly starting to fall for.

His hand tighten around mine and he tugged me forward. His action gentle despite his brute appearance.

He turned us around and my butt perched on the table. A good distance between us vanished as he closed in on me.