Epilogue

Outside, the trees had started to shed orange and red leaves, piling up in Dean and Castiel's small backyard. The weather was chilly, not just at night, but during the day, too.

    In contrast to the harsh weather, the house was warm and the turkey in the oven could be smelled from every room.

    Dean stood in front of the stove, whistling while stirring a pot of gravy. The doorbell rang, and he stopped his whistling to shout; "Cas, go get the door! It's probably Sammy!"

    Castiel appeared in the kitchen wearing a new black suit. "How do I look?" he asked. The tie around his neck was the same one he'd worn when him and Dean had first officially met, and was even crooked in the same quirky way it was back then, too.

    Dean smiled. He knew that Sam was probably going to find the tie to be a little bit unprofessional, but he couldn't bring himself to fix it. "Like an angel."

    That earned him a glare.

    Laughing, Dean turned back to the gravy. "Hurry up, Sam's gettin' impatient."

    "Dean, I know for a fact that he is much more patient than you," Castiel stated.

    Dean rolled his eyes and poured the gravy into a gravy boat. He turned around and brought it to the table, just in time to see his brother and his boyfriend looking at each other awkwardly from different sides of the doorframe.

    "What's up, Sammy?" Dean called.

    Sam's eyes look between Dean and Castiel before finally looking back to Dean. "Uh, hey." A blonde woman with a sweet smile stood close to him.

    Dean wiped his hands on his jeans and walked through the dining room toward the front door. "Hi," he said to the woman. "I'm Dean, Sam's older brother." He held out his hand.

    "Jessica Moore." She shook his hand. "Sam's older girlfriend."

    "By a year," Sam mumbled.

    Dean raised his eyebrows. "She's a keeper." He accompanied that statement with a wink in Sam's direction. "So, you guys have already met Cas?"

    "Yeah," Sam said slowly.

    Dean rolled his eyes.

    A car pulled up to the curb, parking right behind Sam's. Two women got out and waved over at them. Dean smiled and waved back.

    "Sam, go greet them. I gotta take the turkey out."

    "Right," Sam said. He looked at his girlfriend. "Jess, you can go inside and I'll be right there." He turned around and hurried over to the woman, hugging both of them.

    Jessica followed Dean and Castiel inside.

    "So," Dean said when they entered the kitchen. "How'd you meet Sam?"

    "Mutual friend," she told him. "We've been dating for almost a year now. He didn't tell you about me?"

    Dean shrugged, opening the oven door. He grabbed a couple of rags and used them to protect his hands as he took out their main dish. "Sammy's a pretty private kid. I've never even met any of his past girlfriends."

    Jessica smiled, her face turning a light shade of pink.

    "Where the hell is my seat?" came a gruff voice from behind them. "You've got seven seats, boy. There're eight people here."

    Dean rolled his eyes. "Sit on the floor then!" he went over and displayed the turkey in the middle of the table.

    "How about I dump you out of yours?" the man responded.