sixty-four

AMARA

"Twins?" I choked out, Harry's grip on mine tightening as the small bean was followed by another, the two small beans now visible.

"Twins," Avery confirmed, clicking buttons on the computer as she moved the wand around. "I'm taking pictures so you can show your friends and family. How many copies would you like?"

"Uh, four please," I thought, counting the people who'd want to see our babies. I turned my head to Harry, his eyes wide as he looked at the screen. I bit back a laugh at his speechlessness, squeezing his hand.

"H?"

"We're having two?" Harry breathed out, looking overwhelmed. I nodded, my smile dropping when I realised he didn't sound very happy.

"We're having two," Harry laughed, my smile returning as he wrapped his arms around my body. He avoided my stomach as the gel was still on it, pressing kisses to my face continuously.

"Congratulations. We'll be able to tell the genders in about 3 months. Unfortunately I have to go see another patient but I'll give you these vitamins to take daily, the directions are on the bottles," Avery placed some bottles on our dresser, along with the pictures of the ultrasound. We thanked her as she left, Harry wiping off the gel from my stomach with a paper towel.

"Lou!" I yelled as Harry grabbed one of the copies of the ultrasound, handing it to Louis when he walked in.

"Is it broken in half?" Louis' eyebrows furrowed as he squinted at the photo.

"We're having twins," I bit my lip as his head whipped to our direction, his mouth dropping open. I laughed loudly when he yelled excitedly, hugging Harry, before hugging me tightly.

"Lou, not so tight," Harry growled as Louis rested almost all his weight on me, shaking a hand at Harry's protectiveness. Louis released me, his grin wide as he rambled about how two of us will be a nightmare but he's still excited.

"Are you going to tell your dad?" Harry asked when Louis left, sighing at Harry's question.

"Yeah. I'll tell him next time he visits," I decided, growing scared as I thought of how my father would react. He'd probably punch Harry again.

"Hello!" I gasped when Olivia's voice echoed through the apartment, running out to the foyer where she stood with Elijah. I tackled her into a hug, making her stumble back, our giggles loud as we hugged each other.

"You're going to be an Uncle and Aunty of twins," I handed one of the copies of the ultrasound to them, their mouths hanging open as they looked at the scan.

"No way," Olivia gasped, her eyes tearing up as she looked at the scan. "I'm so happy for you." I bit back tears as she hugged me a second time, Elijah congratulating me with a surprising small hug.

"Hey, dad!" Olivia screeched excitedly as Harry entered the room, giggling when he smiled at them. He gave each of them a hug, their congratulations echoing in his ear like they did with me.

We all gathered in the media room that nobody ever used, turning on the large flat screen TV to allow the boys to play FIFA. Louis and Elijah immediately got invested in a game, Harry sitting out and paying attention to me instead. His hand massaged my bump as I talked with Olivia, landing a kiss on his cheek every couple minutes. It was evident how affectionate we grew towards each other after mutually finding out about the babies.

"I love you," Harry whispered into my ear as Olivia talked about her time in New Zealand, leaning my body into Harry to show him I was listening to him without taking my focus off Olivia.

"Do we have any Doritos?" I asked aloud, groaning when I earned a chorus of 'no's'. "Stop eating all the fucking Doritos Louis."

"Shut it Shamu," Louis shot back, his focus remaining on the game. My mouth fell open at his nickname, feeling giddy when Harry smacked the back of Louis' head.

"I'll go buy some," Harry stood up, kissing my cheek softly, before walking out of the room. I smiled as admiration for Harry washed over me, feeling lucky I'd scored so well.

"So whipped," Louis commented, laughing when I threw a pillow to the back of his head. His controller fell from his hands, panicked gasps falling from his lips as his player on the game spun out of control.

I caught up with Olivia as I waited for Harry to come back, mostly discussing the babies. I found myself fidgeting as I missed Harry's presence, taking my phone out to text him.

How far are you? x

I waited for a reply, assuming he was driving when he didn't reply straight away. I grew worried when I looked at the time minutes later to see 20 minutes had passed since he left. It only takes 10 minutes to get there and back, would it really take him over 10 minutes to find Doritos?

"Harry's in trouble," I panicked as the clock hit 12:35, reaching 30 minutes since he'd left. The boys stopped their game at my sentence, Olivia looking worried as she looked at me.

"What?"

"He's been gone for way too long. He's in trouble," I panicked, my breathing becoming uneven as I thought of what could've happened to him.

"Amara, calm down. What if he's stuck in traffic, or there's a long line?" Louis sat by my side, rubbing my back as I grew anxious.

"He's in trouble," I concluded, Louis nodding.

"You feel like he's in trouble?" Louis asked, continuing when I nodded my head frantically. "Okay. I trust your instinct. Go to your room and calm down, we'll track him down."

I nodded eventually, walking to my room. I was relieved when Olivia didn't follow, wanting to be alone. I jumped as my phone received a text message, unlocking my phone frantically, hoping it was Harry.

34 Redcross Ave. Come alone.

I breathed loudly as I read the text, feeling torn. If I went, I was risking the life of me and mine and Harry's unborn babies. If I didn't go, Harry would be dead.

I slipped on a pair of vans when I decided, grabbing two of Harry's guns and hiding them in my waistband of my jeans. I double checked they were loaded, rummaging through Harry's weapons bag. I strapped on a bulletproof vest I'd seen Harry put on once, throwing a jacket over the top of it.

I snuck out the front door successfully, avoiding the boys and Olivia who were all resided in the media room. I closed the front door softly behind me, careful of being quiet, before breaking out into a run down the stairs. I jogged down the streets of Glasgow, sighing when the Redcross Ave sign came into view. I swallowed my fright, thinking of Harry as I walked down the deserted street.

I halted outside a raggedy house, the number '34' bolted on the brick mailbox. I felt my hands shake as I walked up the porch steps, knocking loudly on the door and mocking a confident stance.