T

Gu Shengyin looked at the man for the first time seriously: “I have a lover.”

The Demon King did not believe her because he had been with her since she was at the age of 13.

However, her tone was so certain and her eyes seemed to shine when she mention her lover.

The Demon King was silent.

When Gu Shengyin thought that he was going to give up, he suddenly said: “Where is your lover?”

Gu Shengyin became dull for a moment before replying briefly: “I’m looking for him.”

The Demon King thought of Gu Shengyin and that man when he had entered the banquet hall previously: “So today, you were sending yourself to that strange man’s arms thinking that man was your lover?”

Gu Shengyin nodded.

The Demon King angrily laughed: “You don’t even know what the man looked like, yet you are confident that he is your lover?”

Gu Shengyin did not want to pay attention about him.

She could not tell anybody about this matter. Even if she said it, no one would believe her about such a thing like time and space traveling.

The Demon King did not overlook nor spare: “What is the basis when you are trying to find him? Let me guess. You mistakenly recognized the wrong person, so it should not be a person’s appearance. Then, is it scent? Or a certain mark on that person’s body? Or is it some mysterious special induction?”

(T/N: [bù yī bù ráo] not overlook nor spare = unwilling to forgive/to treat severely without listening to excuses)

Gu Shengyin thought in her heart: You really guess it by 8-9 points.

It was at this time that a cold fragrance embraced her.

An overbearing kiss fell on Gu Shengyin’s lips.

The Demon King’s kiss did not allow resistance: “Then, you carefully feel. That lover of yours, is it me?”

Gu Shengyin pushed him away using all her strength: “Enough! I’m sure that person is not you.”

When she finished speaking, she left without looking back.

“Lord?” The Demon King turned his head around. It was Eve with a pleasant surprise on her face.

Eve had a good life at the Duke’s house. She grew taller during these 3 years and became a pretty little girl.

“Is that you?” Eve ran up to him. “Have you already fully recovered?”

The Demon King shook his head: “It’s only temporary.”

Eve looked at him. She had many things she wanted to say, but could not say anything.

“Did you see it?” The Demon King suddenly opened his mouth.

Eve nodded. She saw her Highness pushing him away. Her Highness did not see it. When she turned away, the man had a frivolous smile. The expression on his face was very sad.

“Then you help me watch her.” The man suddenly said.

“What?” Eve said.

“I will go out for a while. After I leave, don’t let other men approach her.”

Eve nodded.

Gu Shengyin felt very strange during these past two days.

She always felt something missing. Only until Joanna talked about that day did she realize. It was the Demon King who had not appeared for several days.

Could it be that he was annoyed with her? Gu Shengyin imagined a scene of an old Demon King, who had lived for thousands of years, sulking.

After two more days, Gu Shengyin was unable to bear it any longer. She decided to go soft.

However, no one emerged from the necklace.

Gu Shengyin’s keen sense realized something amiss. She poured her spiritual power into the necklace and discovered no trace of the man inside.

That man left so quietly?

Gu Shengyin did not believe that the man would leave, but a day, two day, ten days passed. When half a month passed by, she was certain that the Demon King was really gone.

She did not know why. Originally, Gu Shengyin should feel relieved, but she felt somewhat wronged: He actually left without telling her.