27- If

The only thing in her mind right now is Lian Tian. She remembers clearly that she didn't agree to marry him, she only said what she wants at the heat of the moment. The empress didn't think he would actually do it, because.. that's what normal prince will do, right?

But the official that kneels before her says otherwise. The troops retreated and the river is now fresh.

She frowns as her heart beats rapidly. She looks down for the rest of the assembly, thinking by herself. Or truthfully, she can't face the emperor. The fact that she met another guy and share memories with him. The empress doesn't have face to look at the emperor.

I did not flirt with Lian Tian. I didn't commit a capital crime, it's just a misunderstanding.

She told herself repeatedly. Trying to get away from the feeling of guilt that's surrounding her.

"You are all dismissed." The emperor says.

All of the ministers bow at the emperor and empress as they walk out the hall.

"Empress, are you okay? You seem a little down today." The emperor stops and face her. But the empress still couldn't lift up her face and meet his eyes.

"This empress doesn't feel very well today, I will take my leave first." She answers, still facing the ground. The empress fails to see the emperor's worried face.

The empress walks back to her place, leaving the emperor.

"Bai Lu, I guess she really doesn't feel good today. Should this emperor visit her at the Phoenix palace?"

"That will be a great idea your majesty, this servant will prepare your clothes and various tea to bring!" Bai Lu quickly declares. He gets all excited by himself.

"This emperor will count on you then." The emperor smiles and walk faster to his palace. He actually know that Bai Lu respect the empress very much, Bai Lu is his number one supporter if it comes to being together with the empress. Bai Lu once said 'the emperor is only for the empress, no matter if the whole continent is under his harem.'

"Wait for me your majesty!" Bai Lu runs to catch up with the emperor.

"..."

"Your majesty, this servant think that the empress doesn't feel fit because of last night, maybe the empress is tired.."

"Hmm.. that might be the case." The emperor holds his chin, thinking. He slows his pace to listen what Bai Lu has to say.

"Don't panic your majesty!" Bai Lu tells him.

No one is actually panicked, why is Bai Lu exaggerating everything?

"This emperor is not panicking.." the emperor says, but Bai Lu is too busy to hear the emperor.

"This servant will also prepare ginseng extract for tonight, no need to worry!" He says that like it's the best idea ever.

"What are you thinking about?!" The emperor is bashful, like he is caught doing something terribly wrong.

"Red ginseng is known to make you fitter in-"

"Stop!" The emperor is too embarrassed to continue the conversation.

"Eh?" Seeing the emperor's red face Bai Lu laughs hysterically inside. "My apology your majesty, this servant only thinks that maybe the dragon wants to produce more heir. This servant only wish the best for your majesty." Bai Lu says formally.