Chapter 4: Dark Hellfire

Your/Dark Matter's P.O.V.
The demon who you've come to know as Dark Matter was filling your head with madness. You kept trying to block it out, it kept attempting to claw it's way back in. It was all happening so fast that you saw you were not even in your own house. You tried so hard to keep Dark Matter out of your head but it didn't work. Soon your mind was filled with darkness and despair. You kept your vision, Dark Matter said "So you can see all the horrors you have wrought." (His/Her) voice was deep, demonic and not from this world. You were on a building with a water tower and Dark Matter decided to make the world know who he was. After (he/she) told you "National City will become a hell house of blood and darkness. And there's nothing you can do, because I'm you." (He/She) then shut you out and you couldn't see anything, only blackness.

Supergirl's P.O.V.
I showed up to the DEO wanting to know how (F/N), my first date no less, had powers. I walked up to Brainy, who was sitting, and said "How exactly does (F/N) have powers?" Brainy typed on the computer and up on the screen was an x-ray of (F/N) with a device near (his/her) heart. I was curious of how it was able to give (him/her) powers. So I asked "How exactly does this give (him/her) powers?" Brainy said "I don't exactly know. This technology is unlike anything I've ever seen." "Well do you know what (he/she) can do?" I asked. Brainy said "(He/She) can make dark matter out of thin air and make whatever (he/she) desires. Weapons, portals, technology, even other people. (He/She) can make it with the snap of (his/her) fingers." "(He's/She's) pure of heart, (he/she) could be an ally." I spoke, not wanting to go up against (him/her). Alex walked up behind me and said "Just in case (he/she) doesn't want to work with us we have to prepare for the worst." I wanted to agree with Alex but I knew (he/she) was good. I said "We should talk to (him/her) first. Then we can agree on if we should leave him or bring him in." Brainy said "Kara, Alex. You might want to look at this." I looked at the screen and saw a rooftop with someone on it. That someone was in clad black with a hook chain in (his/her) hands. Alex saw this and said "That's (F/N)." I saw in horror as the helicopter looked behind (him/her). There was a pentagram on the roof drawn in blood. I saw (F/N), and (he/she) was smiling. I said "Get ready to bring (him/her) in." and I flew off to the rooftop. Before I could leave I saw a black sphere head straight toward us. I braced but it did nothing to me. Alex said "You okay?" I said "I'm fine." and tried to fly. I couldn't use my powers. I said to Alex "I'm powerless."

Dark Matter's P.O.V.
You knew Supergirl was coming. She would get your message. You decided to sing to her, to let your presence be known. You brought your hand up and brought dark energy in it. You smashed your hand on the ground and a sphere of dark energy engulfed itself across National City. You knew Supergirl was drained, your dark energy meant it blocked out the sun. It made her weak, vulnerable. But you knew what you had to do to make her weep and grovel at your feet, the death to everything. You knew she was powerless and the DEO couldn't be everywhere at once. You started to sing something you knew would let people know what's going on, Hellfire by Barns Courtney. You sang "Cold as a valley where I lay my head. Cold as a woman in another man's bed. Down in the forest with the devil in me." You jumped off the building into the street and continued "I remember the looks on their faces through the sicamore trees. Ain't no chariots of fire come to ta-ake me home." As you sang that part you made ten chariots of fire with horses of fire and skeletons infused with dark matter at the helm. With it pitch black out you sang "I'm lost in the woods and I wander alone." and set all the chariots off by singing "Yeah, yeah. Hellfire, Hellfire take my soul. I'm waiting I'm waiting I'm ready to go yeah, yeah Mothers, children lock your doors. I'm waiti-iiiing I'm ready to go. Yeah, yeah."

You walked through the streets as fire trailed along the roads and you saw people indoors as more skeletal warriors emerged from the ground. You sang "Blood in the alleyways through a dead end street. Murdering promises that I just can't keep." As you sang you made it rain blood from the black sphere. You continued "We could sing pretty melodies on the unmade bed. Slow dancing to the silhouettes cause I ain't dead yet." You summoned seven fire horses and seven dark skeletal warriors to mount them. You also summoned a bull of fire and as you mounted you sang "Ain't no chariots of fire come to ta-ake me home. I'm lost in the woods and I wander alone. Yeah, yeah." You brought them all off as you sang "Hellfire, Hellfire take my soul. I'm waiting, I'm waiting, I'm ready to go. Yeah, yeah. Mothers, children lock your doors. I'm waiti-iiiing I'm ready to go. Yeah, yeah." As you sang you traversed the streets and headed to the DEO. You could feel Supergirl's energy there and you wanted her at your feet. Then you could be free. You and your skeletal army entered the DEO and you told them "Find Supergirl." and they were off. You told your bull to destroy their central hub and he was off. As you waited you saw your work. You let (F/N) out to see what (he/she) did. You could feel (his/her) pain and you fed off it. You brought (him/her) back in as you felt Supergirl's presence above you.

You teleported to her and saw that the bull and knocked her out. You sang "Yeah, yeah. Hellfire, Hellfire take my soul. I'm waiting I'm waiting I'm ready to go. Yeah, yeah. Mothers, children lock your doors. I'm waiti-iiiing I'm ready to go. Yeah, yeah." You finished the song and approached her. You made a dagger out of thin air and brought your hook chain around your body. You picked Supergirl up by the throat and said "For my freedom." as you brought the dagger over your head.

Earlier
Supergirl's P.O.V.
I was powerless as I heard someone, that being (F/N) I believe, singing as National City was a dark place drenched in blood with fire coursing throughout. I saw a bull made of fire charge at me. I tried to move but I couldn't. It hit me square in the chest as Alex tried to help me up. She couldn't help me up as there were many dark skeletons keep her at bay. I saw (F/N) in front of me in a black costume with a hook chain attached to (his/her) right wrist. (He/She) was singing and I couldn't make it out as (he/she) approached me. (He/She) brought me up by the throat and I saw a dagger in (his/her) left hand. (His/Her) hook chain was around (his/her) body and (he/she) held me with (his/her) right hand. (He/She) said "For my freedom." as (he/she) was about to stab me. I said with all my might "(F/N). Why are you doing this?" "(F/N) is not here. I am Dark Matter." (He/She) said in a deep demonic voice. I said "(F/N) is a good (man/woman). With a good heart. I know (he's/she's) in there." Dark Matter was trembling, (he/she) said to (himself/herself) "No, stop it you insolent fool. You God damned beggart!" (He/She) let me go as (he/she) grabbed (his/her) head. The skeletons were shaking as (he/she) said "No! I am in control. NOT you!" (His/Her) body, earlier surging with dark energy, now was reduced to a normal body. All the skeletons disappeared, the bull vanished and National City was back to normal. No fire, no darkness, no chariots of fire. I had my powers back and I saw (F/N) on the ground say, with (his/her) normal voice, "God, what have I done?"

Later
Alex put (F/N) in a holding cell despite my pleading and I could tell (F/N) was broken. (He/She) was shivering and shaking like it was winter. I said "It doesn't add up." "What doesn't add up?" Alex asked, crossing her arms. I said "(F/N)'s heart was still beating when (he/she) collapsed. Yet everything (he/she) made disappeared. What does that device near (his/her) heart have to do with anything?" Brainy said "I don't know. We assumed it was for (his/her) powers but it might not be the case." "It's late. Let's deal with it tomorrow." Alex finished. Despite my worry I was tired and said "Okay." Alex walked away and I followed. Before I left I saw (F/N) still trembling and (him/her) whispering "God forgive me."

A/N: Hey this is me from the past. I'm writing this on the 5th of August 2018. This is going to be a tad strange. From the 3rd to the 7th (today) I was in Toronto. I finished this chapter on the 5th and since there is no WiFi here I can't publish this right now. On the 7th (two days from now) this will be published. Anyway vote for the next book in the conversations, not here, I hope you enjoyed and have a great day/night. :)