Cat Stealing

Dudes, Alabaster's and Cassius' bond is stronger than his and Lux's.

Allow me to explain.

Cassius and Alabaster marked each other. They are a fully mated couple. And while Lux is Allie's true mate it doesn't change the fact that he is already mated, making that bond much stronger.

Which is why Alabaster loves Cassius more.

I'm not saying he doesn't love Lux, because he's actually starting to. I'm just saying he can never love him as much as he does Cassius because he has already been marked, which, no matter what you say, does make their bond stronger.

-------------------

His back was towards me. But I knew it was him. And I could only wonder if this was really a dream or not.

"Cassius?" I called and walked towards him. But he didn't get closer. I tried running but he was always the same distance away. "Cassius!" I reached for him.

He turned to me. Face grave, no emotion. My breath caught as I stumbled backward. In his arms, he held a bundle.

Wrapped in a baby blanket.

I was terrified of what was inside it. Would it be my baby? Or something... worse?

He took a step towards me. I took one back.

This was not Cassius.

And the wailing started.

It slammed into me like a truck and I was left gasping for air. The screams were painful. I fell to my knees

And Cassius was before me. A panic flooded my body but I sat still. Unable to move. Unable to think.

The screaming was closer. Right in my ears. I could almost feel breath on my neck.

Cassius began to extend the baby towards me. I stopped breathing.

And then it all vanished.

"Cassius!" I yelped and threw myself upwards. It was pitch black just like in the dream. Was I still dreaming? Was he still here?

I thrashed against something retraining me. My lungs near bursting with terror and exertion. And I was pinned down by my shoulders.

"Alabaster!" Lux. "Alabaster, it was a dream."

I panted and hesitantly stopped struggling. Lux eased his weight off me.

"Lux?" I whimpered, my voice cracking and reached for the sound of his voice. He took my hands in his and laid down beside me.

"I've got you, Alabaster," he cooed and brushed his fingers through my hair. I could feel my body trembling with aftershocks of terror. Lux pulled me close to him and I buried my face in his chest.

"He had my baby," I sobbed and the vampire held me tighter. "I could hear it crying."

"Shh, it's over now," he hushed me and kissed the top of my head. I shivered and closed my eyes.

"I don't want to dream about it again," I whispered and felt my lip tremble.

"I'll be here, I'll stay with you," he promised and ran his warm fingers down my back.

And maybe it was how tired I was or the soreness in my muscles, but I was out like a light.

--------------------