Chapter 11

As I'm still getting used to working on this book again, my writings gonna be a bit all over the place so I apologise in advance for that. Enjoy!

**

The immediate moment Lauren steps onto the bus, she could tell something wasn't right. For starters, it was way too quiet, obviously suggesting that whoever was on it was wary of Camila's not too subtle mood and didn't want to make it worse. Secondly, it was quite a bit messier than she was used to which made her feel a slight bit unnerved.

What had gone on in the few days she'd been away?

"She should be either in her bunk or the back lounge." Normani interrupts her thought process, gesturing off towards the back of the bus where the bunks and lounge were located.

Lauren nods, and after offering a small smile in thanks, she was on her way towards where Camila was. She checks the bunks first, but after finding every single one of them empty, she comes to the conclusion that she wasn't here. Next, shewalks toward the back lounge and just like expected, Camila was there, sat on one of the two couches staring off into space.

She seemed oblivious to the fact anyone else was in the room, and after taking a quiet deep breath, Lauren speaks.

"What's this I hear about you being little miss stubborn again?" Her voice was playful, but also held an authoritative undertone.

Camila visibly jumps at the interruption to the silence, and when she see's Lauren, her Lauren, her eyes light up for the first time in days and she has to hold herself back from jumping up to hug her. Why you ask? Because she knows she's in trouble. Why else would Lauren be here on a day she wasn't scheduled to be?

Lauren see's this and lets out a quiet sigh before going to sit down opposite the youngster. Camila was looking down at her crossed legs, obviously embarrassed, and Lauren has to hold back her want to go hold her and make her feel better.

"Wanna tell me where my happy girls gone? The one that gives me a hug every time she see's me?" She asks after a second of silence, knowing that despite being bad, Camila still needed to be spoken to like a human being, "I missed her." She adds as an afterthought, earning Camila's attention again.

The youngster goes to get up to give her favourite person a hug like she wanted, but stops herself, "I didn't...I didn't know if you'd want me to hug you" she whispers, her gaze purely on her hands that were sat on her lap.

Lauren frowns, "why not?" She wonders.

A single tear falls from Camila's eye, "because...I've been bad" she whispers again, her voice sounding almost choked as if she was seconds away from crying.

"Sweetheart, of course I still want cuddles from you. Come here" Lauren states, holding both her arms out invitingly. It takes a few seconds, but the young girl eventually rises to her feet and walks over to her. Without hesitation, Lauren pulls her onto her lap and holds her close, her arms wrapped around her small frame.

Camila returns the embrace almost desperately and after a few seconds of trying to hold it together, she breaks. Hot, salty tears stream down her cheeks as she lets out the first of many sobs, and her arms tighten around Lauren's neck to the point of pain.

Paying no mind to that, Lauren was quick to sooth her, "it's okay baby. Just let it all out. I've got you" her voice was a coo, knowing that when little or close to it, that was the tone Camila responded to best.

She adjusts her small frame so she was sat straddling her, and her arms come up to wrap round her, one round her waist and the other trailing up and down her sweater clad back. A few moments later, Camila calms, her small frame coming to a standstill and her sobs halting.

"There we go, good girl" Lauren praises as she pulls away, bringing her hands up to wipe away the tears covering her cheeks. She presses a comforting kiss to her head before speaking.

"Lets talk, okay?"

She gets a nod in return.

She clears her throat and pulls Camila close again, beginning to soothingly rock back and forth, "I understand how hard these past few days have been for you. I understand that you may feel a little bit lost in terms of coping this whole headspace thing, but shutting people out is not something that's going to help. It may seem like it, but trust me baby, in the long run, it's only going to make everything a whole lot worse" She starts, making sure to keep her voice soft.

"I know me not being here is a lot different than what you've been getting used to as well, but again, that's not an excuse. I'm still going to come see you. I'm still going to be here for you, hold you, look after you. Praise you when you've done right, correct you if you've done wrong. But it's not going to be an everyday thing anymore. I have other clients too sweetheart. They need me just as much as you do" she finishes, not really knowing what else to say.

Camila was laying limp against her, and she was unsure on whether the young girl had listened to anything she had said.

But she had. Camila had been listening loud and clear and understood every single word she had said. And she wanted to tell her that no, she was wrong. Nobody needed her Lauren like she did. Nobody. Lauren was like her rock. She needed her, and without her hear she felt like she was sinking. She wanted to tell her that, but was terrified of the reaction she'd get.

What if Lauren yelled at her for needing her?

A small jostle brought her out of her thoughts.

"Do you understand?" Lauren asks after a minute or so of silence, pressing a soft kiss to Camila's warm forehead.

The young girl nods. Sure, she understood, but that didn't mean she was happy with this new arrangement.

Lauren smiles, "good. Now, I know a certain little girl who needed to apologise to her team" she speaks, rising to her feet with Camila in her arms. The young girls legs automatically hook around her waist and after making sure she was situated, Lauren begins to walk through to the front of the bus.

**

"M-Lolo?"

Lauren looks up from diapering the youngster. It was now a few hours later and after getting the okay for the rest of the day off from Camila's team, she was going to spend a few hours with the little side of the girl.

She raises a questioning eyebrow at the almost slip from the girl, but knowing that now wasn't the time to bring it up, she pushes it to the back of her head, "what's up baby?" she responds, fastening the tabs to the front of the diaper before reaching for the ends of the button up body suit, securing them together.

Camila lets out a quiet sigh, "can I...can I slip properly now? Please?" She begs, having had pushed that part of her back for the entire day and now desperate to let go.

Lauren smiles softly and takes the girls smaller hands in hers, easing her up and onto her lap, "of corse you can sweetheart." She murmurs into her ear, rising to her feet.

She already had a bottle ready and after leaning  down to grasp it, she sits down on the couch, "you want your bottle now?" She asks, making sure to keep her voice soft.

Camila blushes and nods her head, allowing herself to be led back so she was cradled in the woman's arms. It was only a second later the nipple of her bottle was pressed against her lips, and she eagerly latches on and begins to suckle. She had forgotten how comforting this was. How tiny it truly made her feel.

Lauren smiles at the content look on the girls face, the hand that wasn't holding the bottle coming down to place gentle pats to her padded butt.

"Good girl" she praises.

**

Tell me what you think!!

Next chapter: 180 votes!