Chapter 7: Day One

Your P.O.V.
You awoke to the sounds of your cell door opening. You looked and saw Kara there. She said "Ready for your first day?" "I think I should change first dont'cha think?" you chuckled. Kara said "True." "Gimme a bit" you said as you made a portal to your home. You quickly grabbed some clothes and portaled back to the DEO. You were in a clean black suit with a dark blue tie. Kara said "Good choice for your first day." "Thanks." you said, happily. You both headed out of the cell and you saw the entire DEO, one floor at least. Kara said "Brainy will give you a tour of the DEO. I gotta do something." "Ok." you spoke. Kara went off and you sat down. Some of the agents were giving you looks. Not the 'Hey you look neat' looks but more the 'What are you doing here' looks. You wanted to take your mind off of it but since it would be odd singing in front of a crowd for no apparent reason you just secretly made a coin. You just flipped it a lot and did some tricks with it. Then you just got a sudden realization, you were practically Connor from Detroit: Become Human. And what made it more ironic is that you knew someone named Kara. It made it extremely meta.

After some time waiting, Brainy showed up. He was wary around you. He didn't know that Dark Matter was contained. You tried being friendly, you said "Hey, Brainy." but he didn't say anything. You said "Look, I'm sorry about attacking. You have to know I wasn't in control. I didn't mean to hurt you." Brainy looked at you and said "So Dark Matter is gone?" "He's not gone. He's just slowly becoming good." You spoke. Brainy said "So he won't come out?" "Only I can let him out." you said as you shook your head. Brainy let out a sigh of relief and said "Does Kara want me to give you a tour?" "I believe so." you said, standing and waiting. Brainy said "Alright, follow me."

After the tour you noticed Kara was back, and she headed straight for what Brainy said was the interrogation room. You and Brainy headed there and you saw on the other side a Metallo. You knew that Lillian was making an army of them. But this one seemed more human. Despite being a robot this one shuffled around in his seat and twiddled his fingers. You saw Kara put some images in front of the Metallo. She said "That was what I found back where I found you. I think you should explain before you tell me why you left Lillian." Metallo looked at the photos and said "She...she was going to dismantle me."

Earlier Kara's P.O.V.
I arrived back where I found Forty-Four. I wanted to know why it was here and it's connection to (F/N). I looked around and saw that there were blueprints to something that looked like a ring. But when I looked closer, I realized that it was made of Kryptonite. Lillian was planning on something, but just from a ring I didn't know what. Then after some searching I found something horrid. There was a body. Female, African-American, slightly overweight. I checked the database and found out that her name was Amanda Waller. Then it clicked, she was working with Lilian. She made the nano-explosive. Then with the information I knew what Lilian was planning. She was going to attempt to get the ring on me and inside of it was going to be a nano-explosive. It would've blown my hand off. With the information I headed back to the DEO.

At the DEO
I saw that (F/N) finished the tour and he was talking to Brainy. I headed into interrogation to see what Forty-Four knew. His head was down, like he knew what I found out. I put the images down and I said "That was what I found back where I found you. I think you should explain before you tell me why you left Lillian." "She...she was going to dismantle me." Forty-Four said as he looked up at me. I sat down and Forty-Four continued "Waller thought I was rogue, which I was. I was trying to come to you after she tried to kill me." "Yet you killed Waller." Kara interrupted, crossing her arms. Forty-Four said "I couldn't control myself. She had a gun to my head. So I grabbed her by the throat, and I squeezed. When I let go I saw what I did. I was horrified." "Why do you want to talk to (F/N)?" Kara asked. I then heard three heartbeats behind me. I looked and saw (F/N) and Brainy. I knew the third heartbeat belonged to Dark Matter. I looked back at Forty-Four and he said "He freed me."

Your P.O.V.
You knew the Metallo was LK-4D4. You asked Brainy "Can I enter interrogation?" "Yes, but I advise against it." Brainy said cautiously. You just wanted to know what in the hell LK-4D4 was doing here, so you entered. You saw Kara sitting down and 4D4 in front of her. You said to LK-4D4 "Metallo." "Dark Matter." he said, looking up at you. Kara got up and said "Do you think you can find out what he's hiding?" You nodded your head and sat down. Kara exited the room and you decided for a bit of good cop, dark cop. You brought Dark Matter out beside you. Metallo saw (him/her) as well and said "Dark Matter, how was the escape?" All (he/she) did was look at 4D4 with no emotion. "You said you wanted to talk to us. Here we are. So what did you want to talk about?" you spoke to him. Metallo looked back and forth at you and Dark Matter. He said "Lillian is planning to use aliens to take out the other aliens. She plans to control them with the nano-explosives and once they're done, she'll kill them."

You said "Using aliens to fight aliens. She's reached a whole new low." "She plans to use a beacon to summon them. It will also knock them out." Fourty-Four spoke. Dark Matter said "Where and when?" "Today at Wayne Enterprises. Gotham." Fourty-Four said, bringing his head down. You looked at him and got up, Dark Matter followed and recoiled back into you. You went to Kara and said "We need to get there, now." She nodded and said "We could send agents but it'll take time." "We don't have time. Besides" you quickly said as you raised your hand which was covered in dark energy "we can make armies in times of crisis." She nodded and you both headed off. You made a portal to Wayne Enterprises and Kara followed.

Bruce Wayne's P.O.V.
Despite me being Batman, Lillian Luthor was prepared. I saw her on the roof with some sort of device. I then saw Supergirl and the recently proclaimed villain Dark Matter. I overheard Lillian say "It's no use Supergirl. We are still in control of your ally." I then knew that Dark Matter was being controlled. I also knew that my buddy (F/N) is Dark Matter. I knew (he/she) was being controlled and there's the proof, I saw (F/N) make an army of robots. Lillian also had robots, keyword had. I hacked into them earlier. Lillian attempted to use the Metallos but they just exploded. Lillian didn't know what was going on and activated the machine. She was, however, trapped by (F/N). (He/she) then said to her "You don't control me anymore." as (he/she) knocked her out. With no one left but the robots, Supergirl and Dark Matter decided to stop the machine. I threw a Remote Controlled Batarang at the machine and attempted to deactivate it. Dark Matter saw me however and thought I was a threat. He grabbed me with dark energy and he brought me closer.

He said "You work for Lillian don't you?" "No, I don't." I said to the darkened individual. Supergirl used her vision on me to figure out if I was lying. She said "He's telling the truth." (F/N) let me go and I said "Thank you (F/N)." He looked at me in shock and said "How do you know who I am?" Supergirl looked worried and I said "Don't worry Kara, your secrets are safe with me." Now it was Kara's turn to be shocked. Once I activated the Batarang to short circuit the device I thought it was done. But I was wrong. I didn't factor in the alien tech that Luthor put in and the device activated for a short while. And from the device was a short signal. I then saw a man in front of me. He wore complete green and had a green mask on. (F/N) said "Now I wonder who he is." "How about we find out." I said as I brought the man inside.

A/N: Fun fact. Many people who talked to me about this book wanted the reader to be a Green Lantern. I might do that for another book but for now you get to talk to him. Anyway I hope you enjoyed and make sure to vote for the next book in my conversations. Have a great day/night. :)