Prologue

~Louis~

I wiped my hands on my silk linen pants and wished yet again that the girl I had spent the night with would just hurry up and leave my room as I grew weary of the clingy, desperate girls who caught my attention at first but then were unable to keep it.

I longed for the days when I could just find someone to spend my time with casually, not wanting everything to be about sex.

The stirring of her waking body jolted me out of bed as I scurried into the bathroom so she would think that I was out of the room already, hoping that the absence of my presence would prompt her to vacate the premises. One could only hope.

I stared at my reflection in the mirror, always wishing there was someone else looking back at me instead of the face I saw on a daily basis-a face full of duty and responsibility when it should have been one of carefree happiness like a normal teenager.

Royal crowned Prince Louis Arthur Windsor, Duke of Edinburgh and Second in line to the throne of the great nation of Britain.  I hated the way my name sounded, the pompous annoyance of a mouthful of words, I simply preferred to go by Louis.

I knew that once my grandfather passed away, my father would take the helm and then it would just be a waiting game to see how long he would hold the throne as well.

I would be just as happy if my father held the throne as long as my grandfather did, sixty years and counting and in his old age was still as strong as a mule.

I didn't want to be the face of a nation, I buckled under the pressure of just being the grandson of the leader of this nation.

I wondered briefly how hard I would fall being the actual leader of my country.

I shook my head. I had plenty of time to worry about that, and hopefully starting a new chapter in my life would make it an easier pill to swallow.

I checked my cell phone and cursed under my breath, hoping that girl from earlier was already gone. I was going to be late for my first day at Wilmington Prep, and my father would not be lenient on me after that.

My parents decided to send me to a civilian school, albeit a school with top of the line security and filled with the most rich and elite non royals the country had ever seen.

They were the closest to royalty you could get without being the actual thing, and they acted like it too, always being perceived as if they were better than the royals whose blood ran through the heart of the country.

I was going to despise every second of being at that school, but if it meant getting my father off of my back, I'd do anything the old man said.

And then I thought to the pool of awaiting females waiting for me there and that almost lessened the blow. Until...

"Baby, you in there? Maybe I can join you for a shower?"

I groaned internally, running an exhausted hand across my tanned face and rolled my eyes dramatically. Why did I have to be so nice? Why couldn't I simply be a jerk and throw her out of my room?

Oh right, because I had human decency and wasn't a complete and total jerk-off.

"Yeah, give me a second."

I wondered briefly how hard it would be to escape out of the bathroom window without being seen by the palace guards before swinging the bathroom door to reveal the girl in nothing but her skin. I was definitely going to be late to my first day.

*****

~Malia~

"I can't wait until you graduate and get out of my hair," his gruff voice slurred at me, and I couldn't help but think the exact same thing in agreement.