Nicole Row x Reader - Calm Love

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 012
A/N:
Sorry, it is really short. I just had this picture in my head and ran out of things to say about it

Lazily you wrapped your hand in Nicole's long, blond hair, carefully listening to her even breathing. It was a Saturday morning, the sun had not yet risen high enough to shine through the thin curtains to your bedroom. Your one arm rested under your head, the other one was draped over Nicole's back and you fingers were gently playing with her hair. Her head was resting on your chest, the same way she had fallen asleep yesterday evening after telling you about her day at the rehearsals. You suppressed a yawn, fearing the movement would wake her up. You smiled a little, trying to get a better look at her beautiful face.

It was so weird, the difference between her on stage and her here, in bed with you. On stage she was this breathtakingly beautiful, sexy, confident bassist. She wore eyeliner and red lipstick and mascara and either a slim black dress or some fitting black trousers with an elegant black blouse. She had neat, straight hair and she moved around on stage as if she had never done anything else, she sang as if she was destined to sing these exact words and she smiled so brightly, that not even the sun could compete with her.

But as soon as she was alone with you, her whole mannerism changed. Of course she was still beautiful and sexy and confident, but it was different. It was relaxed. When you spend the weekends at home, not leaving the house she was wearing your shirts and often only panties with it. She wore no make-up, allowing you to marvel at the tiny freckles that spread over her nose and cheeks. Without her make-up on, you could see all her little imperfections that you loved so much, the small wrinkles at the side of her eyes from laughing so much and the fine lines on her lips. Her hair was almost always disheveled around you, probably because you constantly pulled her in for 'just one more' kiss, and messed her hair up along the way. Sometimes she curled up on the sofa and watched you walk around the house and when you looked over, you could see the dreamy look in her eyes that always made your heart race. Sometimes she reminded you of a golden retriever puppy, with the way she looked at you.

You smiled a little more, remembering that only you got to see this side of her and bent down a little to kiss her hair. You had just settled back down into the pillows, when she tilted her head up at you, blinking sleepily.

"Good morning," she whispered, her voice raspy from not using it for a few hours.

"Good morning," you whispered back, smiling at the beautiful woman.

She moved a little and scooted upwards until she was close enough to you face to kiss you softly. You immediately melted into the contact, your eyes fluttering shut at the sensation. You whined a little when she pulled back, making her giggle.

"How did you sleep," you asked, rearranging yourself to lie more comfortably.

"Wonderfully," she mumbled, nuzzling her head against your chest. "Your heart is beating all fast now."

"There you see what you do too me," you chuckled, wrapping your hand back into her hair. "What do you wanna do today?"

"How about we just keep lying here for a while, until we have an idea," Nicole suggested.

You nodded in agreement, and allowed yourself to close your eyes again for a little while. You could feel her draw little patterns onto your stomach and you wondered if you one day should give her a piece of paper and ask her to draw some of the patterns on there and later get a tattoo of these patterns. The thought made you smile involuntarily.

The sun had come up a bit further, now peeking through the curtains and tickling your nose. You scrunched it a little, earning a giggle from Nicole.

"You're adorable when you do that," she smiled.

"Hm, whatever," you answered, knowing you were blushing at her words.

You would probably always blush at ever compliment she paid you. That was just how your relationship worked.

You took a few deep breaths. You loved these calm weekends when none of you had to get up to go to work or something. You had all the time for yourselves, and you could spend it as you wanted, just like right now. There were probably better, or more exciting things a couple could do at the weekend, but you were perfectly happy, lying here with your girlfriend, pretending that the outside world had no power over the two of you.

The sunlight got dimmer and gray rainclouds pushed themselves over the sky. Not long after the first drops of water hit the window glass, resulting in an even rhythm of thousand tiny beats.

You shivered a little, pulling Nicole closer to you, and she moved immediately, wrapping her arm around your middle and pulling a piece of blanket over her and your exposed legs. The additional warmth of the blanket and the heat of her body did wonders. You had always known that as soon as there were clouds in the sky you felt colder, even though the room temperature had not changed. Maybe it had something to do with comfort. And now you were really comfortable. Judging by Nicole's slow and calm breathing she had fallen asleep again. No wonder, it was only approximately half past six on a Saturday morning. You felt the tiredness tug at your own body but tried to resist it long enough to take another careful glance at her face. Her long, blond lashes gently rested against her cheeks, her lips were pulled into a soft little smile and her hair was just as sweetly disheveled as you loved it. You sighed quietly, hoping you would never forget this beautiful morning, and before you even knew it, sleep had overwhelmed you and pulled you into the deep, calming pools of beautiful dreams.