Chapter 8: Red and Green

Your P.O.V.
As Batman brought the man inside you got a glimpse of who he is. The man who was there was African-American, very short black hair and had green eyes. Batman laid him down on a nearby table. You said "Are you sure you want to do that" and continued with the unthinkable "Bruce?" He turned and said "You always were the better detective (F/N)." "Bruce? As in Bruce Wayne?" Kara spoke in a shocked tone. You nodded and said "I'm pretty sure that's him." "How do you two know each other?" Kara asked eagerly. "High school." You said quickly, while Bruce quickly got the man stabilized. You were hoping he could answer some questions, but before you could speak Bruce said "We might have to wait, I'll get some tea." and he headed downstairs while you and Kara headed back outside.

Lillian was just arrested and, even more remarkable, had no memory of anything that happened. You figured Dark Matter still had some anger issues. You decided to let (him/her) out for a little bit. As (he/she) exited your body he said "I'm going to head back to the DEO. Contact me if you need any help." you nodded as (he/she) went off. Kara was looking off at the horizon, it was almost sunset. You joined her and she said "It looks beautiful."  "Yeah, but you are more beautiful." you said to her in a somewhat flirtatious tone. Kara then blushed and said "Are you flirting with me?" "What if I am?" you said, wrapping your arms around her waist. Kara then leaned in and whispered in your ear "Then I'd say do it more." Her voice sent shivers down your spine as she said that. You said "Well, nothing can match your beauty. You really are out of this world." Kara blushed harder and she got dangerously close, a good kind of dangerous. She then rode her hands up your chest. She had this cute giggle that made you smile as she said "Okay, my turn." Her hands slowly rose up and she said "You've always sang solo. Maybe it's time for a duet for your next performance." With that she kissed you, right then and there. It was long and heavenly. Your tongues fought for dominance and her arms wrapped around your neck. You then heard groaning and you and Kara brought your attention to the man. You quickly said "Raincheck?" Kara booped your nose and said "Definitely."

You and her were serious now. He was now up and ready to talk. He said "Where am I?" "You're on Earth." Bruce said, walking up to him. The man said "Damnit. I should be on Oa." "Oa?" You quickly questioned. He said "The planet of the Guardians." He quickly checked his hand and saw that his ring was still there. Kara asked "Who are you?" and he replied "Green Lantern of Sector 2814." Batman then crudely said "John Stewart, born in Detroit. Former Navy Marie and current Green Lantern.". John looked at him and said "So much for secret identity.""What exactly is a Green Lantern? Sounds like something you would buy at a store. No offense." You asked him. "None taken." He looked at you and said "I am part of the Green Lantern Corps. We are a group of people who have strong will power and are granted this ring." He motioned the ring on his hand and continued "We carry out duties and protect the innocent." "So space cops with magic rings?" You bluntly replied. John shrugged and said "Pretty much."

Once John got settled in, he and Bruce were talking quite a lot. You and Kara went back outside and it was already dark out. Batman said that he'd give John a room while you and Kara would find the other aliens that fell from the sky. You and her agreed to do it tomorrow. For now you would head home. As Kara flew to the DEO, you took a portal to the DEO. When you arrived you saw everything covered in red. In front of you was this massive red alien with a symbol on his chest as well as a ring. He was just like John, but the symbols were different. "Who are you?" You yelled at the alien. All he said was "Together with our hellish hate. We will burn you all" he looked at you and said "that is your fate!" He vomited something at you. It was bright red and it made you feel extreme hate. You managed to fight it off due to you having two minds. You grabbed the alien with your hook chain and brought him in for an uppercut.

After some fighting with the alien Kara showed up and punched him. She said "Sorry I'm late. Traffic was a mess." You chuckled and the alien got back up. He said "You appear feeble woman.""I punch above my weight." Kara quipped as she sped towards him. He knocked her to the ground and kicked her away, that pissed both of you off. Dark Matter came barreling out of your body and slingshot (himself/herself) towards the alien. The alien was shocked at first but got used to it. You helped Kara up and while Dark Matter fought against the alien you felt tired out. Like you two were still connected. As the alien dealt some hits on Dark Matter you felt (his/her) pain. As Kara noticed she knocked the alien out and cuffed him. As you doubled down in pain, Dark Matter did the same. Kara quickly grabbed you and all you could see before you passed out was that worried look in her eyes.

Kara's P.O.V.
As I brought (F/N) into the med bay I was worried sick. I used my x ray vision to see if there was any internal damage and, thankfully, there wasn't any. Alex rushed in and said "How is (he/she)?" "(He/She) should be healing. (He/She) has no internal damage." I spoke, worriedly. Alex then asked "What did (he/she) get hit with?" "I don't know. But the alien is in custody." I said. "We identified him as Atrocious. He's from Ryut. We'll interrogate him tomorrow. You should get home, rest." Alex said to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. I said "No. I'm staying here. I'm going to wait until (he/she) wakes up." Alex nodded and exited the room. I slowly grabbed (F/N)'s hand and whispered "Please, come back to me." I leaned down and kissed (him/her) on (his/her) forehead. After a while I slowly drifted asleep next to (F/N).

A/N: It took a little while to think about what would happen in this chapter but it was worth the wait. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and make sure you vote for the next book in the conversations, not here. Anyway I hope you enjoyed and have a great day/night. :)