72. Flowers of the Harem

The lights in the gym started to dim, leaving only the stage illuminated. Beneath the stage, foldable chairs were set up in neat rows and columns so that every available space was filled in order to maximize the amount of people that could watch. That was done to a great effect and every seat was still filled. Some people even stood near the back of the gym near the main entrance in order to catch the play with the majority of the audience here to see Irina perform.

The curtains slowly parted, revealing the stage and the performers to the audience. Since I was watching from backstage, my view of the play was a side view from the back. Therefore, it was sometimes impossible for me to see the faces of the performers when they're facing the audience.

The first scene for the play, Flowers of the Harem, started. The backdrop was one of a room within a castle. There, the two main actresses, Irina and Muria, were seated on chairs opposite to each others. Irina's character was Mary, and Muria's character was Verinel. Both were wives to the fictional Emperor of Vilheim Lezus that the Emperor loved and favored. The story of the play, in summary, was basically about the two's conflicts and struggles in winning the sole love of their husband.

"My dear Verinel," Irina/Mary said her line as she handed the cup of tea to the maid that stood next to her chair. "What're your plans for the night?"

"Of course it is to please my husband," Muria/Verinel responded. On her face was a mocking expression directed at Irina/Mary.

It surprised me that Muria was capable of act out Verinel in such a realistic manner due to the fact that Verinel's characteristics of being extremely scheming and seductive were completely different from how Muria was in real life. In addition, what impressed me even more was the fact that Muria is an amateur that had only been practicing for a few days for her part. 

"Is that so?" Irina/Mary wasn't willing to be defeated so simply by Muria's/Verinel's taunt. "Why do I think that Emperor Lezus prefers my body over yours?"

Does the lines have to be so... so... whory?

"Everyone knows Emperor Lezus loves to rub himself against my body," Irina/Mary continued with a proud smile on her face. "Maybe if you were to try it one night, you would know as well."

What the hell are these lines? Am I really at a high school play right now?

Irina/Mary then ran her hands down the length of her body in a seductive and erotic manner. On her face was an expression of pleasure as she demonstrated where the fictional Emperor loved to rub against her.

In order to conceal a physical response from the student council president who stood next to me as well as the many theater club members, I squatted down. With my face slightly red from embarrassment, I remained silent as I continued to watch, hoping that with the dim lighting, no one would be able to notice.

"What's wrong?" Luna then asked.

"I'm just tired," I responded with a lie.

My heart raced as I worried that she might inquire further, but luckily, she didn't. Therefore, a silent sigh of relief escaped me.

The play then continued on to the next scene, which is where the two were walking about the gardens with their servants before bumping into the other faction. The atmosphere was quite tense since all the actors had done a great job at their role. The actors that played the guards of each lady faced off against the other, hand at their swords and ready to draw if anyone were to make a sudden movement. The tense situation between the followers were only halted when the two ladies stepped before the line of guards and met at the center of the stage in order to face off, thus starting a new tension between the two.