Chapter 7

"Why are always so busy?" I questioned, looking over Levi's shoulder.

"I have a lot of work," Levi answered. I let out a laugh. "I don't want you to concern yourself with it."

"Well obviously. I think I'm done. Is it okay if I leave the mansion?" I questioned, knowing he would say no. He never lets anyone leave unless it's their day off.

"Why?" he asked, parting his attention.

"I want to go visit my mom," I smiled.

"You can go. Be safe, I don't want another incident like last time," he said with a sigh.

"Thank you!" I cheered, gathering my things.

"Don't be back too late," he said before I walked out the door. I leaped down the stairs and put my coat on.

"Eren, where are you going?" Jean asked me as I was heading out.

"I'm going out," I replied. He looked at me with a suspicious look. What did he have against me? I ran outside and grabbed a cab. I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text.

"I'm going to stop by in a little :)"

I pulled up to the familiar building and went up to knock on the door. "Where have you been for the past month. You stop texting me and never come over? I was starting to think you died or just gave up on me."

"I'm sorry, Reiner," I apologized, taking my coat off.

"So where have you been?" He asked, holding my hand.

"I've just been busy, that's all," I smiled, placing a kiss on his lips.

"You can't tell me? You're not cheating on me are you?"

"No! That's not it!"

"Then what?! You've been gone for a month! Not just a few days, which by the way concerns me enough, but a month! What the hell, Eren?!" Reiner shouted. I jumped at every sentence.

"That's not it! Please, just believe me!" I pleaded, placing my hands around his neck. "It's been so long since I've seen you. I don't want us to immediately fight."

He took in a deep breath. "Yeah, okay. What do you need?"

"I came to see you. I don't need anything," I grinned, kissing him deeply. He picked me up, my legs wrapped around his torso.

"Will you come see me more?" He asked, placing me on the table.

"I can't promise anything," I frowned. He let go of me and looked me in the eyes.

"I can't just sit here and wait for you to come back from god knows what," he sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"I can't tell you and I don't know when the next time I can make it out here is." I looked down at my feet. I felt guilty for not saying anything, but I can't tell him that I'm living my life as a servant now. It's just something he wouldn't understand and doesn't need to know.

"Is it another man? Please be honest," he pleaded. I closed my eyes. The first thing I saw was Levi. Why was that what I immediately saw? This isn't about him... he's just the person who pays me and nothing more, but why did my heart pound when I pictured his face. "Eren!" I snapped out of my daze.

"Reiner...please forgive me!" I yelled, running out the door. I ran until I saw a cab and threw myself into it. My feet tapped the floor nervously.

"It's admirable," Levi's voice said throughout my head. "I don't want you to concern yourself with it." Why was I thinking of what he said to me? I covered my mouth to muffle my cries. "Be safe." Why did he say that in that tone? If he completely ignored me I wouldn't have these conflicting feelings!

"Sir, are you okay?" The taxi driver asked.

"Y-Yeah," I answered, trying to collect myself. I was a mess and there was no controlling it. I walked into the mansion, hoping people wouldn't notice my previous tears. I walked into my room and fell to the floor. "You really need to get it together. You can't keep having breakdowns like this," I muttered to myself.

I glanced at my phone, expecting to see texts from Reiner. Nothing. I guess everything happens for the best. I plopped my body on my bed and closed my eyes. All I saw was Levi. I could hear his voice which even though I knew I shouldn't, I melted for. I can't like Levi. I work for him. No matter what I will not like Levi and that's a promise!