Chapter 11

The day Theodore was to leave, they got up really early so they could visit the last person they both owed the visit. Carina and Theodore apparated from her flat to the cemetery where their dearest friend was buried four years ago. They both stood before the gravestone.

Here Lies

Roman Darius Alston
June 9 1980 – May 2 1998

Carina pursed her lips when she saw the stone. She had not visited Roman for a while, and she felt guilty about it, but for some reason, there were flowers placed before the stone.

"That week I disappeared... I came here." Theodore said.

Carina was silent and waited for Theodore to speak.

"You were right that it was selfish of me for not going to Roman's funeral, I was just afraid to face the fact that he really is dead... so I thought of visiting him – this was actually the first place I went to when I came to London, I got lost in time, that's why I was late at Draco's wedding."

"I'm sure Roman appreciated that, Theodore." Carina said.

Theodore hummed as a response. They approached the grave and went to clean the leaves that had fallen over it, Theodore took the dead flowers and threw them away, and then used magic to place a new bouquet.

"I guess this will be last visit before I come back again... I'm pretty sure you're celebrating, because I've been bugging you since I came here." Theodore said.

Carina chuckled.

"See you around, mate... I just wish you were here with us." Theodore said. "I wish you could see how beautiful things are – especially Norway, you'll love it there, and probably be mad enough to ride a dragon." Theodore held the stone for a moment. "And you don't have to worry about Carina, I'll take care of her... and I will never hurt her."

"He won't." Carina said. "So please don't throw anything at Theodore, because he'll go mad if another rock hits his head."

Theodore rolled his eyes at what Carina said. Carina knelt down and was the same height as Roman's stone.

"You have no idea how much we miss you, Roman... it's not the same without you..." Carina softly hit her fist at the stone, "I'll see you soon, Alston – ow."

Carina rubbed her head, she looked down and saw rock. She turned to Theodore with a glare, but he had a confused look.

"What?"

"Did you just threw this rock at me?" Carina held out the rock.

"No I didn't!"

"So you're telling me that it was Roman?"

"Probably." Theodore shrugged. "Now do you believe me?"

"Unbelievable." Carina rolled her eyes and walked away.

Theodore smirked once Carina was out of view. He got out his fist that held the rocks he picked up while Carina was speaking to Roman and dropped it on the ground.

"Who's mad now – ow!"

Theodore rubbed his head, he looked down to where the thing landed and saw a rock. He turned back to Roman's grave and glared at it.

"I swear, you're the very pain in my arse, Alston." Theodore said. "I'll see you soon!"

•†•

Carina and Theodore stood at the platform, waiting for the train to arrive. They both held hands the whole time, knowing that it would be a while before they could do it again.

"The train's coming." Theodore said as he heard the train coming close.

Carina sighed, and she turned to face Theodore. She went to fix his scarf and coat, and then rested her hand on him.

"I guess this is goodbye." Carina said.

"Not really... it's more of see you later, really." Theodore said.

"See you later, Theodore."

"See you later."

The train arrived and pulled to a stop, and at that exact moment, Theodore leaned down and kissed Carina softly, he wrapped an arm around her waist, and held her by the back of her neck, whilst Carina pulled him with her arms around his neck. Carina pulled away, to catch her breath, but Theodore continued to lean towards her and kiss her, causing her to chuckle.

"Needy much?"

"I won't get to do this for a while, so yeah..." Theodore teased.

"I'm going to miss you."

"I love you."

Carina placed a soft kiss at Theodore's lips again before she said it back.

"I love you."

Theodore smiled, he pulled away and then placed a kiss at Carina's forehead. The train's whistle caught their attention, and had them both release each other. Theodore got his bag and turned back to Carina one last time before he entered the train. Theodore didn't move from the window of the door so he could see Carina before he leave. Just as the doors closed, Carina waved at him, and he did the same.

The train had finally moved, and Theodore saw Carina's figure slowly disappear. It was the first time that smiled when he rode the train, though he was alone, he knew that he got someone to return too.