( 2. ) POV ✓

The point of view you put your story in is completely your decision. Whatever you choose doesn't make it any less interesting than another. It all depends on how you write it.

FIRST PERSON
This is mainly used in non-fiction, biography type books, however it is very popular among fiction in many cases as well. When writing first person in fiction, it becomes easier to picture yourself as the character by using pronouns; I, me, my, etc...

If you write it correctly, it can turn out to be a wonderful story. However if you do not write it well, it may not turn out so good.

☓ Bad Example ☓
My name is Serena. I am eighteen years old. I have long, curly brown hair. I have two dogs and a cat. I want to be a doctor. I like to go to parties. I have a friend named Cheryl. I am cool, in my own opinion.

[The excess use of "I" can get pretty annoying and that is seen often. It's best to form your paragraph with each sentence having a different beginning.]

✓ Better Example ✓
My name is Serena and I am eighteen year old girl with long, curly brown hair. I believe that animals make your life more interesting and that is why I have two dogs and a cat. A goal of mine is to become a doctor. During my freetime, I enjoy partying with my friend Cheryl. In my own opinion, I am a cool person.

[Add more detail and don't worry about making a sentence longer than it has to be. Just don't do a run-on and it will be fine.]

SECOND PERSON
This is used mostly in reader-inserts among this app, and in tutorials as an example of where you could see this pov outside of the app.

Second person point of view is writing in your reader's perspective. You use 'you, your, yours, etc...' and you do not use any other specified pronouns in place of those.

☓ Bad example ☓
You and Michael are best friends. You two have been since elementary school. When you see him today, you get really excited. You don't understand why at first, but then you realized it. You were in love with him.

[Sure, it sounds cute. But reread it over and over. It's annoyingly overusing the word "You". Alike first person POV, when you use "I" too much. Just don't do it, please.]

✓ Better example ✓
You and Michael have been inseparable since elementary school. He's your best friend and you see him regularly. It comes as a surprise when you get strangely excited to see him on this particular day. The feeling was confusing at first, but then you realized. You were in love with him.

[Again, I find it very helpful to use different sentence starters in each paragraph. It just gives you a better opportunity to add more detail and it doesn't make your writing annoying by overusing words.]

THIRD PERSON
Although some people find it more difficult to write with rather than first person, I believe this may be the most popular of the 3 pov's. It is most commonly used among all genres and used in a lot of popular young adult novels that we all know of.

This is when you address your characters by name and pronouns such as; he, she, they, their, etc...

☓ Bad example ☓
Joyce and Rory were casually hanging out in the park they grew up in. They have been dating for almost five years now. Joyce didn't realize what Rory had planned to do today. Rory was anxiously toying with the tiny box in her jacket pocket, wondering when the right time would be. She finally releases the breath she had been holding and gets down to one knee.

[We can make this better.]

✓ Better example ✓
Joyce and Rory were casually hanging out in the park today. The two have been dating for almost five years now and Rory planned to tie the knot today, though Joyce had no clue of her plans. Rory anxiously toyed with the tiny box in her jacket pocket, wondering when it was the right time to pop the question. Deciding not to waste anymore time, she gets down to one knee and opens the box to her lover.

[I honestly don't know how to explain that it's better, but I'm positive that it is. Don't add too much detail. That's going overboard. And make sure to give the full situation so your readers aren't confused. Like wtf is Rory holding a tiny box for? Make sure they know she's about to ask Joyce to marry her.]

]