Chapter thirteen

In the mafia, threats came often. You could never be sure which you had to take seriously and which you could roll your eyes at and move on. Maybe that's why you shrugged the texts off, turning your phone onto mute whenever a new one came through or even blocking the numbers but somehow, a new text always managed to come through and after a while, you just stopped reading them.

Even if the threats you were receiving was serious, did you really have to think twice? You were dating-, no, married to Tom Holland after all and while that made you more of a target it always meant that you had security, people watching your back to make sure nothing happened to you.

You also had power and admittedly, you'd never felt as much power as you had the moment Tom sat you on his lap, in front of him was his big, wooden desk containing every bit of important information about his mafia and he had sat you only centimeters away from all of it, from all of the power.

You sat upon his lap, melting into his grasp as he typed away on his computer, made phone calls and wrote on a pile of paper. To anyone else, these wounded like the acts of a businessman, maybe the CEO of a big company but you knew better. You had to admit that it was hot being perched on his lap like that.

He grew tired quickly, one hand dropping the pen and wrapping around your waist, drawing circles on the skin beneath your shirt soothingly as he picked up the phone, dialling a number a placing the phone to his ear. It was a small, non-sexual act.

"I don't care, Tyler. Get the money they owe us" Tom's voice was gruff and you could tell he was getting frustrated when his hand stopped drawing circles and instead grasped your hip.

There were a few murmurs on the other end before Tom spoke again. "Be creative, I'm sure you can think of more then one way to get that money"

"If you need help call Harrison, I'm sure he's capable of doing a simple deal"

With a few more words on the other end, Tom hung up, placing his phone down and sighing loudly.

"Everything alright?" You played with this shirt, wrapping the thin material around your two fingers before untangling them gently, then repeat.

"Everything's perfect, Princess. Nothing you need to worry about" He muttered, pressing a kiss to your forehead. You could tell he was stressed, nervous even about something that you couldn't quite put your finger on.

You hummed softly, head resting on his chest as he continued typing away for a few minutes. His fingers moved fast, drifting over the keyboard. He did have magic fingers, after all, you'd experienced it first hand.

Tom sighed, halting his movements. He was filled with nerves and for someone that liked to remain emotionless, he was surely feeling a lot of negative emotions right now. "Princess?"

It was now or never, he decided, moving his hands away from his keyboard and in return, placing one on your cheek and the other on your hip.

You smiled up at him, rosy cheeks and bright eyes making his heart flutter. This was the girl for me, he thought.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks gently, handshaking.

You laugh softly, his change of behaviour hadn't gone unnoticed. "You don't have to ask"

He leans back against the cool leather and you both lean in, lips meeting halfway and it starts out slow, a simple kiss that leaves you satisfied but only for a mere few seconds, within moments you're deepening the kiss, his tongue running over your bottom lip.

It's slow and passionate and Tom practically holds you, cradling your figure beneath his hands and before he could talk himself out of it once again, the hand that was on your waist leaves and goes for his draw, lips still on yours.