Chapter 5

"God What have I done?" I asked myself racing from room to room as I tried to get myself together for one o'clock.

Strategically I had selected a short black miniskirt and a light blue knitted sweater to wear paired with some white heels praying I'd look somewhat presentable without having to wear something like Audrey would.

I didn't know what was appropriate to wear when one goes on a date with a Beatle. I should've looked at the other boys' girlfriends outfits in a magazine, that is if they had any, I was guessing if they did, they'd be stunning models or singers, something I couldn't compete with to say the least.

I groaned walking over to my nightstand feeling a headache coming on as I stressed excessively for the coffee date that was probably less of a big deal than I thought it was.

Pulling the drawer open as I sat down on the edge of my bed, I grabbed the plastic baggie I kept hidden away. I hastily took out a joint, then grabbing my lighter I lit it as quickly as I could, anxious to feel the buzz of the marijuana to calm me down.

Not many people know I smoked, including Audrey, but it was mostly just a way I could be at ease when I felt on edge, and right now I was dangerously close to having a nervous breakdown.

Uneasily I inhaled the smoke into my lungs holding the breath in for a moment until blowing the white cloud of smoke out of the side of my mouth.

I played with the small rolled joint between my fingertips watching as the end burned and the room began to fill up with the fumes.

Getting up I grabbed my purse on the floor and slung it over my arm. Before heading out of my room I grabbed my perfume bottle and sprayed myself hoping I wouldn't smell profusely of skunk once I arrived at the studio to meet Paul.

With my joint hanging out the side of my mouth, I made sure the door to my flat was locked behind me, catching a glimpse of my landlord walking down the hallway in my direction.

I quickly retracted the blunt from my mouth and blew out the smoke abruptly, waving my hand around to get rid of the gigantic white cloud.

"Charlotte Gray." He spoke in a condescending tone as he stopped in front of me, his bushy grey eyebrow lifting up as he took a hit of his huge cigar.

"Mr. Heath." I smiled apprehensively.

"I expect that you rent will be payed on time this month?" He grinned with venom lacing his words as he stared at me with slight aggression, towering over me in height making me feel very small and intimidated.

"Yes sir." I grinned with a gulp looking into his dark eyes with fear.

"That's what I like to hear." He offered me a false smile before continuing to walk down the hallway puffing away on his cig.

I sighed and looked back down to my joint. I took another long hit feeling the pressure of my bills becoming almost unbearable and continued to walk to the elevator.

When I got onto the sidewalk outside I snuffed the cig out on the ground and began to walk towards the studio I had seen Paul walking out of just yesterday.

It still seemed like a dream, I had passed the streets so many times before and had never even caught a glimpse of a Beatle, but here I was about to get a coffee with Paul McCartney himself all because I had found his lost his dog that I hadn't known existed until yesterday morning.

It wasn't long before I had arrived to the EMI studio and realized I'd have to walk in to meet him and becoming apprehensive.

I hesitantly walked in seeing a female receptionist at the front desk, looking very young and chipper.