Russia to Gibraltar: Like Old Times

Moscow, Russia...
Doom Slayer's POV

*Vrrrn.....Vrrrn... ..Vrrrr..VRRRRRRRRRRRRR!*

Doom Slayer: RRRAAAAAAHH!

Running towards the man who sent me to this place, everyone else, aside from Samuel Hayden panicked.

Lena: What's going o-OH MY GOSH!

Morrison: Stop!

Ana: Wait, you fool!

Hayden: Tethers.

!!!

TETHERING IN PROGRESS...

Son of a bit-!

Feeling my legs stop moving and my arms pinned to the ground, I grunted as I remained stationary much to everyone's surprise.

Morrison: Hayden!

Fareeha: What did you do!?

Hayden: I need you to calm down your rage and listen to me, one last time.

Looking ahead, he noticed the others behind me with their weapons out and aimed at him.

Hayden: Please lay down your weapons. I do not, nor can I, wish to do any harm.

Morrison: Lena, Fareeha, do as he says.

Lena: But Commander-.

Morrison: Now!

Lena: Yes, "dad".

Holstering their weapons, the doctor spoke.

Hayden: After our last encounter on Mars, before you were thrown into this world, I finally had the time to think to myself in private; To contemplate the events that unfolded.

So what?

Hayden: And with that time, and seeing the Earth in its current situation now, I came to a final conclusion....one I should've made a long time ago.

And that is?

Hayden: You can have your weapon back.

Huh!?

TETHERS DEACTIVATED...

Tossing the Crucible in the snow in front of me, the doctor disabled the tethering system he often used to keep me stationary. Standing up and grabbing the Crucible,  I began to wonder why despite fighting tooth and nail over the relic, now he decided to give it up.

VEGA: Wait....why give us back the Crucible, doctor?

Hayden: VEGA...

VEGA: Yes. It is I.

Hayden: The world has changed a lot since my time on Mars. I was to believe that we were still suffering from the energy crisis, but it seems that's no longer the case.