Chapter 13 | 10,000 Hours

{A/N: There's a lot of multimedia within this chapter. Hope you enjoy!!!}
~~
As Hailey laid in bed, she tried really hard not to move from restlessness. Trinity was fast asleep next to her. She wished she was too, but thoughts of Zac filled her mind, not allowing her to fall asleep. She kept replaying the moment they had. It was intimate and heart racing. She wished she could go back and change the ending.

She didn't even care that she was the reason for the guys' fight. What happened afterwards was what was keeping her awake. She wished she would have closed the space between them. She was sure Zac was about to, if it weren't for her annoying brothers.

Josh was the first one out of the house. He had a look of hatred, frightening not only Hailey, but Zac as well. Hailey had never seen her brother so angry. She didn't know why he was. She had just found out the real reason the two boys were ignoring each other. She was the one that was supposed to be mad, not Josh.

"Because Nate and I are fighting over you." Zac said in a low voice. She gasped.

"What? Me? Why?" She asked with confusion. So, Zac did like her. That didn't really explain why the two began to ignore her. What else was he hiding?

"Nate likes you and he's mad that I like you too." He said in frustration. He ran a hand through his hair. Hailey stared back at him, stunned. Had she really just heard Zac Logan confess his feelings for her? Ben was right? Zac likes her? Wait, Nate likes her? They were fighting over her? This made no sense.

"I-I don't-ugh!" She shouted. Zac stepped back, surprised at her outburst. "I just hate being in the middle of this. I feel like ever since we met, our lives have taken a different route. Nothing good comes from us being friends."

"That's the thing Hails." Zac said. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into his chest. She let out a gasp of surprise. She was caught off guard. She stared up at him as his hands made their way to her waist. His hands gripped her sides as he stared into her eyes. Her heart raced and fireworks began to fly as their bodies touched. She felt all those cliché sparks with him, but now they seemed to burn even brighter.

As she stared into his brown eyes, she saw emotions she thought she'd never see from him: desire, want, need. His eyes seemed to sparkle as he gazed into her own. Only one thought flooded her mind.

She wanted to know what it was like to kiss Zac Logan. No, she needed to what it was like to kiss Zac Logan. She saw his gaze flick down to her lips. Her breath hitched as his face grew closer. This was it. It was going to happen.

"Hailey," he whispered. "I don't want to be just friends. I want be more than that."

They began to lean in, urging to close whatever space was left between them. Hailey let her eyes flutter close as Zac's breath mingled with her own. She could feel his lips just millimeters away. All she had to do was lean in just a fraction more.

"Hailey, inside. Now!" Josh's voice demanded, interrupting them. She opened her eyes wide, at the authority. Hailey didn't have time to think about Zac's words. She pushed herself away from Zac and turned to look at her brother. He was glaring at both, frightening her. Her brother wasn't someone who got angry a lot. Hell freezes over before he even shows one bit of it.

"Josh, stop. Wants wrong?" Hailey asked. Josh only narrowed his eyes at her. She let out a squeak before fully unwrapping herself from Zac. He was looking just as confused as her. She whispered goodbye before going inside.

She still wasn't sure what had happened. She tried to ignore the thoughts and feelings Zac has caused her and got ready for bed. She still had school the next day, even after the most dramatic day of her life.