Chapter Twenty-Five: Round One

“Truth or Dare?” asked Lucas with a smirk.

“Don’t even start with that,” I spat with a glare. A chuckle rang beside me, and then the rustling of Lucas standing up was the only other noise in the room. He strode to the windows and popped them open.

“Rather not die of carbon monoxide poisoning today, right?” he said.

“Yeah, I’m not really in the mood to die,” I replied casually. It wasn’t until Lucas rose his eyebrows that I finally let a coy smile spread across my lips. He ruffled my hair again, which must have been his new thing, and then just stared at me for a second in the way someone would stare at a great work of art. I responded by punching his arm lightly, and then that jerk went straight for the ribs and tickled me until I was a laughing mess. After making me beg for him to stop, he released me, and immediately I hit the back of his head.

Damn, I wish he would just kiss me already.

“Alright then sugar, if you’re too proper to play truth or dare, how’s a round of twenty questions sound?” said Lucas.

Sugar. Seriously, where did he come up with these names?

“Whatever floats your boat, honey buns,” I said.

Ha! Suck it, Lucas!

“Alright sweet pea, let’s see…. How many boyfriends have you had?” said Lucas. I faced him with my mouth wide open, but was unable to meet his eyes as they were focused on the burning books. His navy blue eyes reflected the flames, it was like watching the ocean light on fire. You know, if that was possible.

Focus Nat!

“Um… well….”

Do imaginary ones count?

“…. None,” I replied. Lucas smiled, eyes still on the fire, his white teeth looking positively orange from the light.

“You’re turn,” he said. Then, as a side comment: “This would be amazing if we had some marshmallows.” That’s boys for you. One minute they ask you totally personal romance-related questions, the next they’re talking about marshmallows. Or maybe that’s just Lucas….

“Uh… Well, what about you? Had any girlfriends?” I asked. Suddenly, flashes of girls clad in bikinis with shampoo- commercial flowing hair popped into my mind, the only problem being they were all in anime form. Then reality hit me in the face like a frying pan, and I remembered the boy sitting next to me probably read Zelda fan fiction. That didn’t indicate anything good in the romance department.

“Yep, about six,” replied Lucas. I lurched up in my seat like someone watching a horror movie. But the only horrible images in front of my eyes were the imaginary supermodels waving at Lucas. Even scarier.

“Six?!” I exclaimed. A moment of silence passed before Lucas burst into laughter beside me.

“Just kidding babe, you should have seen the look on your face,” said Lucas. I pouted but Lucas only pecked me on the cheek and went on. “No, the truth is, I’ve only had one girlfriend.”

“And who may that be?” I asked, still not really believing him. Don’t get me wrong, Lucas was good looking, but even a no-life nerd like me could see he wasn’t exactly boyfriend material. I mean, come on, he practically worships the makers of Xbox.

But my train of thought ran into a brick wall when I heard Lucas’s reply to my question.

“You.”

A/N-- Hey everyone, I'm back. Yay, no more plays! Well actually.... Yeah, play number 2 started yesterday. Sorry, I just can't stay out of the theater! But don't worry, the play just started, and now I have time to write. So this chappie is a two parter.... or a three parter.... I'm not sure yet. Remember to vote guys! Sorry for being a nag, but my rank slipped about twenty slots while I was gone. Oh and check out the "Dedicated to me" section of a page. I was recently interviewed and if you guys want to get to know me, I would suggest checking it out. Thanks!

<3 <3