t w e n t y s e v e n

|TwentySeven|

|TwentySeven|

The room plunged into a suspenseful silence until Aldy broke it. "He's joking!" Aldy said, holding back a laugh. "Man, you angelic folks can't take a decent joke, can you?"

"Joke?" Uriel asked with an unamused expression, "I fail to see how any of this is funny. Nobody has ever gone up against the Fates. Yes, we all made fun of Gabriel for being a scardey cat but what happens if they don't remove our memories and send us to Earth? What happens if they kill us instead? Who's going to be laughing then?"

"Woah, jeez man take a positivity pill!" Aldy winced and turned to face Bal, "What is going to become of us huh? We have timid Tim and pessimistic Pete on our hands."

Uriel scoffed. "I'm not pessimistic - I'm realistic."

"Mm," Aldy shrugged, "it's the same thing."

"No! No, it's not!" Gabriel cut in, "Pessimism and realism are different! When someone is pessimistic it means-."

"I know what they both mean, Mr dictionary! I'm not an idiot."

"Really?" Gabriel sat up, "and this is coming from the same man who three seconds ago said that pessimism and realism were the same things?"

"Your pointless squabbling is wasting time!" Aggy cut in before Aldy could make a snarky remark. "We need to stick together and play nice," she directed her comment at Aldy and Gabriel who were in the middle of a glare down. "The plan should be relatively simple however we should keep in mind that we do not have much time to act. If the Fates suspect any of us, any of us - it is going to be ten times harder to break in. But before we turn up out of the blue, I think it's wise to discover some leverage on the Fates."

"Okay, I'm in need of you Mr dictionary because even I am confused at what Aggy just said." Aldy turned to face Aggy, his arms folded over, "What do you mean 'leverage'?"

"Something we can hold over the Fates; something like their weak spot."

"But the Fates don't have a weak spot," Raphael said,"that's why they're at the top of the food chain. They're unbeatable."

"Okay," Bal said with a sigh, "I never thought I would say this but," Bal squeezed in between Raphael and Gabriel and wrapped his arms around Raphael's shoulders. "You need to start believing in your self. You are a smart, reliable Angel who when puts his mind to something, can achieve it! You're taking care of Charmeine, and hey, she's turning out fine."