#2: Shape & Landscape

The shape and landscape? What is this Foxwood person yappering about, you may wonder?

Well, you might want an idea of what your world looks like especially if those poor characters of yours are doing a HECK of a lot of traveling (and mine are, all the time).

Even if very little to no traveling, understanding the shape and landscape could potentially affect climate, culture, and if there's an earthquake (or other quakes), well, where are the plates?

==============

Is your world Earth an "our world as we know it" or something else? Meaning, is it round, square, flat, oval, or maybe it had two planets stuck together?

What are the similarities to Earth's shape and landscapes? 

What are the differences?  

==============

Example: My World of Elgana is not an "our world as we know it". It's shaped like a ring and there are six of those rings. It's a weird kinda thing. In terms of landscape, there's lots of land, rivers, ponds, marshes, and lakes, but no oceans. Lands are connected to each other like one big continent. Lakes aren't big. You can go around lakes to reach the other side. Essentially, if you can afford to do some form of land travel, you're good in Elgana.