Chapter 26

Chapter 26

" Now would be a great time for Chloe to come back to world of the sane." Dahlia said as we sat on the floor of an empty room and I let out a sigh. " Dahlia-"

" No Aria, we need her." She said cutting me off and I leaned back against the wall. " Is there anyway to teleport out at our current power level?"

" Nope." Dahlia responded just before the girl who had drugged me made an appearence, only to stop when she saw Dahlia. " What?" She asked the girl before vanishing.

" Who are you?" I asked her but she didn't respond as she walked over to me and jabbed me with a sharp object. " What the heck, lady." I cried kicking at her but she only stared at me for a moment before speaking.

" Your name?"

" I'm not telling you anything until you tell me what the heck is-" I was cut off as she poked me again. " Will you stop that, I'm not a pin cushion."

" Your name." She demanded this time and my eyes narrowed. " Aria Stone" I answered.

" Your powers. How did you get them?"

" I dont know. I was born with them?" I answered unsure and she stared at me before turning to leave, only to stop when I called out. " Who are you?"

" Gamora. And trust me, I'm not the one you should be demanding answers from."

Dahlia reappeared once she was gone and smirked. " I guess Chloe was right about you getting stronger."

" What are you talking about?" I questioned.

" She was speaking in a different tongue, didn't you notice?"

" No, I didn't." I whispered stunned.

*******

I winced as my knees collided with the metal floor before I was pulled back up by my arms. " This is the child?" A man with a major eyeliner issue asked. His skin was blue and there were black markings under his eyes and mouth. He towered over me in height, and wore all black. " A Terran gifted with immense and limitless power." He continued and I frowned. Terran?

"Another word for humans"  A quiet voice whispered from the back of my mind and I hid my relief. It was Chloe.

" Then again, this is not her true form. Is it, Aria Stone." He spoke my name as if it were poisonous, as if I were something he wanted to squish.  " Speak." He snapped and I realized that this had been a question.

" I dont know." I replied. Not yet. Not tell I had all the pieces

" No, no you wouldn't." He said. I caught movement and noticed the girl, Gamora standing nearby next to another girl who looked more robot then girl. " What does it matter?"

" So Naïve. A common trait for your kind. Another being foolishness and stupidity."

" Take that back." Dahlia suddenly cried appearing in front of me. "Idiot." Chloe muttered mentally. " We aren't the first humans he's come across, Aria. There have been others.

" And yet, you ran from one," I said. " If we are foolish, and naïve, and stupid... To have been scared off by one, what would that make you?" I questioned. Anger flickered through his eyes, but it seemed that with Chloe's resurfacing, I had found my courage to not back down.

I was put back in my prison not long after that and I leaned back against the wall as Dahlia sat across from me. " I'm sorry." She said and I let out a sigh before glancing over as Chloe appeared. She looked horrible, her blue eyes were red, and swollen, and her light hair was a mess. " No, I'm the one that should be sorry." She whispered. " I'm supposed to be the alert one, and I broke down."

" Chloe, you were hurting."

" I was weak. It wont happen again." She said. " You should rest now, Aria. Dahlia and I will look after you."

Seeing no reason to argue with her, I laid on the floor between them and slipped into a restless sleep.

That night I dreamt of a dark skinned girl with deep purple eyes and short dark hair.  " Please, find me. I'm so alone here." She pleaded.

" Where are you?" I asked. " Who are you?"

" Find me, please." She pleaded again before purple energy surrounded us.

I sat up with a gasp and both Chloe and Dahlia frowned in concern. " What is it? What did you see?" Chloe asked but I didn't respond. I didn't get a chance to, because at that moment the girl with green skin stepped into the room. " Come with me if you wish to be free."