~Sixty-Five~ *

***Edited in October 2022***

A/N: Yep, I've finished my other update so here is the next chapter for this book :)) thank you all for your patience even though it's only been like 3 days :p. This is actually a pretty long chapter tho lol

Speechless.

That was the only way I could describe Harry's reaction to me telling him that I was pregnant. Speechless.

His eyes were wide, his mouth was slightly agape, and he didn't speak for several long moments. But after a wait that felt like forever, he finally forced himself to break his stunned silence.

"I...I don't..." his voice trailed away, and he looked at me in total bewilderment, "you're...you're what..?"

Seeing that he was overwhelmed by my words, I let out a soft sigh before I took his arm and slowly led him upstairs, towards our bedroom. And, when we finally reached it, I let him sit down on the side of the bed before I bit my lip and slowly made my way over to my bedside table.

I opened the cabinet's top drawer and reached all the way to the back - my fingers closing around the slim stick that was my pregnancy test. And when I pulled it out, I saw that the positive result was still as clear as day on the little screen.

Without a word, I slipped the test into Harry's hand - and his gaze silently dropped down towards it. And as soon as he saw it, his eyes immediately widened all over again.

"Oh my God..." his voice was shaky, "what the fuck...how...how is this possible..?" he glanced up at me - a look of total confusion being the only thing present in his eyes, "Leah...y-you're on birth control..."

"I know, Harry," I lowered my eyes, "but I was totally useless at taking those pills - you know that better than anyone. And...the doctor said that...my slackness with the pills increased my chances of pregnancy...quite significantly."

"Wait a minute...the doctor?" Harry began to frown, "What...you've already seen a doctor about this? When?"

Knowing that I was about to give him my most dreaded confession, I anxiously bit down on my bottom lip as I struggled to summon enough strength to tell him everything.

"Wait...w-what is this little number at the bottom?" I saw that Harry was looking at my test once again, "What does 'three plus' mean?"

"It...it means..." I forced myself to swallow the lump in my throat, "it means that I was at least 3 weeks pregnant when I took the test, Harry."

"Th-Three weeks..?!" Harry was startled, "Wait a minute...Leah, how long have you known about this..?"

Oh, God. Here we go.

"I..." I began to lower my eyes once more, "I...w-well...I found out on...the same day Jeffrey first told you that you could go on tour..."

"What?!" Harry immediately jumped up from the bed, "Leah...th-that was nearly two weeks ago!"

"I know," my voice was quiet.

"You've known that you were pregnant the whole time I've been planning for my tour, and you never told me?" His face hardened a little, "You never even thought about telling me?!"

"Harry...I-I know it sounds bad," I began to stammer, "b-but just let me explain why-"

"Wait a minute..." he cut me off and gave me a look, "that day...that day Jeffrey told me I could start planning for a tour...you had a doctor's appointment on the very same day..."

"Yes, Harry, I did," I said with a nod.

"And you...you told me...when I came back home...that the doctor said that your birth control fucked up your monthly period," he glanced down at the pregnancy test that he was still holding in his hand, "so...how the fuck is this possible...if that was all there was to it?" I could tell he was already suspicious of me.