Chapter 17

A/N: So, anyone who accidentally read those other chapters that got randomly published, rest assured, you are not going crazy. This is the actual plotline. Those were old plotline chapters that were for some reason published because my phone went back to the old version of the book and republished them all.

-----------------

"Y/n!" A happy voice exclaimed, and you furrowed your eyebrows as you were attacked by the energetic ball of fluff that was your best friend.

School had just gotten out, so you had been heading to meet the rest of the boys out in the school courtyard. Jimin must have headed straight to your class instead of going there with Taehyung and Hoseok.

That wasn't what had you confused, however. Jimin did that all the time. It was the fact that Jimin was being so bubbly and clingy right now. You knew for a fact he was probably pissed about the Yoongi joke from earlier, and couldn't help but feel this was some elaborate form of payback to make you suffer for it. 

Guess I'm not getting away with only pouts and cuddles today.

You had been planning to clear up the whole situation when you met him outside, but now this was happening and it was throwing your entire plan off.

"Heyyyyy, Jimin..." you said cautiously.

He giggled, burrowing his head into your neck. "Why are you acting so silly, Y/n?" He asked.

You felt your body get even more tense. The revenge was coming...any second now...

Jimin suddenly shifted and stood in front of you, bringing you to a halt with his hands on your shoulders. "Y/n?" He questioned again. "Why are you acting weird? I can feel how tense you are, you know."

I'm the weird one here?

"W-w-well," you spluttered. "You're acting weird."

He rolled his eyes at you. "Real mature, Y/n."

You huffed. You hadn't meant for that to come out sounding like a lame comeback. "No, I mean, what about the Yoongi thing earlier?"

There was no way this wasn't some part of his plan for revenge.

Jimin's face suddenly went blank. "What about it?"

You did a double take. What does he mean 'what about it'. Like he doesn't normally go ape shit and then mope around for a good few days. I still can't believe he was able to hide it from me so well for the past few years, though...

"Well, I was expecting you to be upset at me right now because of it..." you muttered, thoroughly confused as you looked down.

He grinned, leaning down to try and catch your eyes. "Did you want me to be upset about it?"

You snorted. "Yeah, because I like feeling on edge for an entire day just waiting to see what you'll do. Of course I don't want you to be, I just expected you to be because you always are."

Jimin only shrugged. "Maybe I've become a new man," he said, winking.

You stared.

"Anyway," You started. "I just wanted to tell you that I don't even-"

He suddenly brought his finger to your lips, cutting off your words. 

"It's okay, Y/n. I get it, you don't have to explain."

Oh.

This whole exchange suddenly made a lot more sense. He was still acting like his normal self because he had realized it was a joke and didn't see a reason to get upset about it. You were so relieved. But also upset that he had put you through so much stress acting like he hadn't actually known.