A Reason To Believe

"Are you okay?" I asked Tori curiously. Since we came to maths class, she hasn't stopped fidgeting with her fingers and continuously spacing out.

Luckily, our teacher wasn't in the class. She left work for us and stepped from the classroom for a while. Everybody in the classroom was busy doing the problems on the board or their own thing.

Tori turned to look at me and I instantly become worried. Her eyes were clouded with fear and worry. "Tori, what's wrong?" I prompt her.

She gave me a half smile, before looking down at her hands again. "I'm going to come out to my parents tonight, but I'm afraid." She whispered.

"That's big. What do you think they will say?" I asked.

"I really don't know, but I have to tell them. I can't keep lying to them about who I am." She faced me again. "I love mis padres. What if they don't look at me the same again? I don't want that Emily."

I nodded my head in understanding. "Do you want me to come with you?" I suggested, hoping that would help.

Tori smiled at me, but shook her head. "Thanks, but that's a bad idea. That's going to make the situation way worse. This is something I have to do on my own."

"Okay then. Just do it. Your parents are great and understanding. I don't think they're going to judge you." I advised.

Tori nodded. "I hope so."

"I'll call you later, okay?" I replied.

"Okay. Thanks Emily." She replied.

"Sure, no problem." I said, as I turned around and continued my work.

A few minutes later, the bell rings signalling the end of class. Tori and I packed our books into our bag and walked from the classroom. She was quiet as we walked down the hall together. I knew she was still worried about coming out to her parents.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulder. "Everything's going to be okay you know."

Tori nodded her head. "Yeah, I know." She replied with a sigh. I removed my arm from her shoulder and interlap it through her arm. She then smiled and added. "What are you and Tyler planning to do today?"

I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?" I questioned, then reminded her. "Remember that we are not really dating."

Tori laughed a little. "I know, but you guys do spend a lot of time together."

"We do not." I denied.

Tori gave me a sideways look with her eyebrows raised. "You did go over to his house on Saturday and his Mom wasn't home." Tori reminded, daring me to deny it.

"Okay, I admit. I like spending time with him, but that doesn't mean anything." I pointed out.

Tori reached her locker and I removed my hand so that she can get her books. "I know, but you guys act like a real couple." She turned to me slightly and grinned. "It's actually really cute."

"That's a good thing. It means we're really good at pretending." I said. "And besides, it's not cute. You know Tyler. The only thing he cares about is getting into a girl's pants."

"Okay." Tori said, before closing her locker. "Well, I have to get to class. See you at lunch."

"Alright." I replied as Tori and I turned in different directions to go to our next class.

As I reached English class, I saw that Tyler was already there sitting at the back of the classroom. He was talking with some of the other boys who were at the back. When I entered, he looked up and beckoned for me to come down there.

I sighed as I walked towards the back of the classroom. I sat down beside him and turned to face him. "You just had to sit down here, didn't you?"

Tyler laughed. "It's my time to choose where we sit. Remember when I had to suffer at the front?"

"Yeah, yeah whatever. I'm going to be distracted down here." I stated. "I'm not used to sitting at the back."

"Oh come on. Now, you are exaggerating. You won't be distracted." Tyler appealed.

I glared at him for a long time before giving in. "You won this time, Tyler."

Tyler grinned. "Of course I did." He said just as the teacher walked in.

"Shh be quiet." I whispered, turning around to get my books ready for class.

An hour later, class ended with Mrs. Lodge, our English teacher giving us a pair homework assignment to bring in tomorrow. After telling Tyler that I'll be over later to complete it, I gathered my books and left the classroom. 

++++++

At about 6 o'clock, I finished everything that I had to do and now I was going over to Tyler's to get our assignment done. However, before I left my house, I decided to call Tori.

She answered on the second ring. "Hi Em!" She chirped.

"Hi Victoria. How did it go?" I questioned.

"It went better than I expected. At first, they were shocked and quiet and it took a while for it to sunk in but in the end, they hugged me and said that they were okay with it."

I smiled as I heard the great news. "That's great Tori! I knew they wouldn't let you down."

"Yeah, Mom even said that she had a feeling." Tori said.

"How come?" I asked.

"She said that she picked up on small things that I've said and done ever since I was small." Tori answered. "We had a long talk after. They said that they'll love me no matter what."

"I'm happy to hear that." I replied genuinely happy for her.

"Thanks. I was worried for nothing." Tori laughed a little.

I laughed too. "Yeah. Anyway I'll talk to you later. I'm going over to Tyler's now."

"Spending more time with him I see." I can imagine the teasing grin on Tori's face when she said that.

I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me. "We have an assignment to do together, Victoria."

She laughed loudly. "I was only teasing you. Have fun."

"Bye." I said as I hang up my phone and shoved it into my pocket.

I left my room and stopped at the top of the stairs. "Sarah!" I called to Sarah, who was in her room. Dad was working late tonight and wasn't home as yet. "I'm going over to Tyler's to do an assignment. I'll be back soon."

"Okay Emily." I heard her called back as I head downstairs and through the door.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
AN: Hi there!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote

Next chapter will be up soon :)

Alecia ❤