The Truth Behind The Player

Shocked at Tyler's revelation, I turned around completely to face him. "What do you mean?" I asked tentatively afraid to broach the topic.

Tyler took a deep sigh before he sat on the porch steps. I walk over to where he was and sat beside him. "I didn't want to talk about her because I wanted to leave her in the past."

I sat quietly beside him, waiting for him to continue. It took a few seconds, but he did. "Two years ago, I met Andrea. She did not go to our school. I met her at one of my parents' family dinners. Her family was a close friend of ours." He paused for a while before he continued. "We started dating a week after we met. Andrea was perfect and everything was going great. Everyone liked us together as a couple."

"So, what happened?" I asked quietly.

"I don't know. She just ended it. Six months into our relationship, she just came to me one day and said that she has found someone else. She did not give me much details; she just left. A few days later, I saw her and her new boyfriend together. She didn't even acknowledge me again. It was like I meant nothing to her.

"It took a few months to forget about her. I never thought I would but I did. After that, I told myself that I'd never have that happen to me again. I started to have one night stands and not having anything with a girl last for more than a week. It was better that way, because then I wouldn't become emotionally involved and get hurt again. I told myself that It was better without feelings and I stood by that until now." Tyler finished.

I turned to face Tyler. Now I see why he's like this. Andrea has messed him up so bad, that he feels like he cannot give himself fully to a girl again. I could also see that he cared for her deeply. "Where is she now?" I question.

"I don't know. She moved away about two months after that. It made it easier for me to forget about her because I wasn't seeing her." Tyler replied.

I was glad to learn something about him. Something that made him who he was today. "Thanks for telling me about her." I replied.

Tyler finally turned to face me and smiled a little. "Yeah. I don't even know why I did. I never thought I'd hear her name again, much less be talking about her. Anyway, that was a long time ago." We sat there for a few seconds before Tyler stood up from the porch steps. I got up as well. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay tomorrow." I said as I turn to go into my house and Tyler turned in the direction of his.

++++++

Later, I was in my bed reading a book, when my phone buzzed with a text. I took up my phone from the nightstand and saw that it was from Tyler. I unlocked my phone and read the message.

Tyler: I see you moved from Mickey Mouse to The Power Puff Girls ;)

I was confused for a millisecond before I understand what he was referring to. I was currently in my light blue pyjamas that had The Power Puff Girls on it and he remembered that I had on Mickey Mouse Pyjamas the last time.

I couldn't help but smile a little as I sent a reply.

Me: Why are you always looking through my window? That's called stalking you know - _ -

Tyler: No it's not. It's called looking.

I rolled my eyes at that. Soon after he sent a next text.

Tyler: Turn around and look out your window.

I followed his instructions and saw him sitting on his window sill waving at me. I put my phone down and get up from my bed. I walked over to my window seat and sat down facing him.