Not Hurting Anymore

Emily's POV

I groaned inwardly as I tried to get my locker to open. I've been here for the past five minutes fighting the lock but it seems to be jammed.

The school really needs to do something about these old lockers.

I decided to rattle the lock, but it still didn't budge. After I rest my knee in the locker and used my fist to pound it, I finally got it to open. However, as soon as it opened, a few of my books fall out to the ground.

Sighing heavily, I stooped down to gather my fallen books.

"Tell me, what did your locker do to you?" I heard a voice say. I looked up to see Tyler standing in front of me with a teasing grin on his face. I was so caught up with gathering my books that were scattered all over the floor that I didn't noticed when he walked up.

"It seems to not like me for some reason." I answered before continuing to get my books. Tyler chuckled lightly then helped me to pick them up. When we were both standing up again, I took my mathematics writing book as well as my textbook out of the pile, before putting the others back into my locker and closing it. I turned to face Tyler. "What are you doing here by the way? Shouldn't you be getting to your class?"

"Yeah, but I'm here to walk you to your class." He explained.

"You don't have to do that."

"Yes, I do. I'm your boyfriend remember? Isn't that what boyfriends do?" He asked.

"Well yeah, but your class is all the way upstairs and mine is over on the other hall. If you follow me to my class, you're going to be late for yours." I explained.

Tyler shrugged as if it didn't matter. "Well, I'm here now anyways. At least let me follow you halfway. I don't want to look like a bad boyfriend." He insisted.

"Okay fine." I said giving in. Tyler is so stubborn, he wouldn't have given up anyways. When we turned away from my locker, I added. "No one would have thought that by the way."

"I'm not going to take any chances." He replied wrapping his arms over my shoulder and began to walk.

We walked for more than halfway, when I saw Tori. "Look, there's Tori. You can go to your class now. Tori and I have class together, so we'll walk together."

"Okay." Tyler said as he stopped walking and removed his arm from my shoulder. And then for the benefit of the small crowd of students that were around us, he leaned down to give me a kiss on my cheeks before turning back the opposite direction to his class. Tori caught up to me and we walked to maths class together.

As we walked, I heard Tori say, "Look who's walking towards us." I looked in the direction Tori indicated and I saw Trisha walking towards us.

When she was near us, she stopped in front of us.

"Hi Emily." She said shifting on her foot a little. "Can I talk to you a minute, please?" She shift her eyes to look at Tori beside me.

I crossed my arms. "Go ahead. Anything you have to say to me, you can say it in front of Tori."

"Okay. I know that I'm the last person that you want to talk to right now, but please hear me out." She pleaded.

I nodded my head. "I'm listening."

"First of all, I want to apologize again for what I did. I liked Logan and I was jealous that you were dating him, so when he came on to me, I acted on it." She said in a quiet tone. "I know that isn't an excuse and that didn't give me a right to do what I did, but I want you to know that I've felt bad about it ever since it happened."

She paused for a while waiting for me to say something. I didn't say anything, so she continued after a few seconds. "I also wanted you to know that Logan is still pursuing me. But Emily you have to believe me that I told him to get lost and leave me alone. He wasn't who I thought he was. I made a mistake and I don't want to make it again." She looked down to the floor for a second, before facing me again. "I'm really sorry Emily. I didn't mean to come between you and him. I was just so stupid and naïve. I hope you can forgive me one day."

I looked at Tori who was looking at me, watching my response. I looked back at Trisha. "I believe you." I said after a while. "And honestly I don't really care about Logan anymore. I'm actually glad you did what you did because I wouldn't have found out the kind of guy he was." I said truthfully.

After thinking about it, I knew I didn't hold this against her. After all, she was used by Logan as well. Also, if he hadn't cheated on me with her, it would've been someone else. And if she was sorry, there was no need to continuing holding a grudge. I had to be mature about this, so I added. "I forgive you, Trisha."

"Thank you." Trisha said.

"I'm going to be late for class." I said as I walked away from her, Tori following behind me.

Tori looked across at me and smiled. "I'm glad to see that you're finally over Logan."

"Well, he's a jerk. He doesn't deserve me being broken up about him or even thinking about him anymore. I'm better than that." I replied.

Tori nodded and looked in front of her again. "He is a jerk indeed. I can't believe that even though he's been trying to get you back, he's still looking a hookup with Trisha at the same time. He's never going to change."

"Yeah and as I said, I'm not upset. I don't care what he wants to do. I'm so done with him." I expressed with conviction as we turned inside our classroom.

Tori smiled at me as we took a seat at the front of the class. "I'm so proud of you."

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
AN: Thank you for reading!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Also, I just wanted to say thank you once again to all readers. I really appreciate you not giving up on this story.

Don't forget to show your support! ❤

Next chapter will be up shortly :)

Stay weird lovelies 😝

Alecia