Chapter 7: Jealousy and Disrespect

Katherine stared down at her plate with a frown on her face. For some reason, she couldn't eat much that night, which didn't go unnoticed by her friends.

"What's wrong, Kat?" Mary asked her, feeling worried.

"Yeah, you've barely touched your food," Tony furrowed his eyebrows.

"Is it because of Dra-"

"Shh, Annie," Katherine turned her head towards her friend quickly.

"So it is," she leaned back.

"Don't worry about me, guys. I'm just not that hungry right now, that's all," she shrugged, looking down.

The three friends shared a concerned look between each other, but they let it go. They knew her, she just needed some time to herself sometimes, they wouldn't force her into talking if she wasn't ready, so they continued eating their lunch in silence.

They got their timetables after lunch since there was apparently a problem and they weren't ready in the afternoon yet.

"Life Classes? What are those?" Annie looked at the piece of paper in her hands with a confused face.

"They are supposed to get us ready for the 'married life' and such," Chase appeared behind her and leaned over her shoulder to observe her timetable.

Kat could see that Annie's cheeks became darker, which made her smile.

"Cool," Chase grinned. "We have a few classes together."

Mary stood up from the table and said goodbye to them, then she went up to her Common Room with her new roommates.

"We should probably go too," Katherine sighed.

They got up, and as they were leaving the Hall, Tony put his arm around Kat's shoulder, trying to cheer her up with some of his terrible jokes, which she somehow found funny.

"Earth to Draco," Pansy snapped her fingers before his eyes, making him flinch.

"What?" He growled, which earned a smirk from the Slytherin girl.

"Jealous much?"

He scoffed, shaking his head.

"Yeah, right."

"Don't worry, Drakie, they are just friends. Tony's mine now, anyway."

"Couldn't care less," he said, avoiding looking into her eyes.

Pansy shook her head with a smile, knowing that there was no use arguing with him any longer.

Katherine felt a little better thanks to Tony's jokes. After saying the password and entering their Common Room, she decided to say her goodbyes to the others and she went up to her bedroom.

She decided to take a quick shower before Draco came back. After she was done with that, she changed into her pyjamas, then went back to the bedroom.

Her eyes started travelling back and forth between the sofa to the bed. She closed her eyes, then let out a sigh. It was obvious which one she was going to choose.

Grabbing a blanket and a pillow, she made herself comfortable on the sofa. She was quite small, and the sofa was rather long, so it worked out better then she expected. It was rather comfortable, actually.

She kept herself awake for as long as she could, but after a while, she drifted off to sleep.

Draco expected to find Katherine on the bed by the time he came back, so he was surprised she wasn't there.