Halloween

Who said you could only do holiday oneshots around that holiday? Enjoy!
____________________________
Tonight was the night. Not only was tonight Halloween but it was also the night of Riley's costume party. Auggie was going out with some friends to go trick or treating and Topanga and Cory were out of town. Riley and Maya had the whole top of the building to themselves with their friends. Of course the party had to be chaperoned so Riley invited Josh making Cory and Topanga feel better about the situation.

"You've got to be kidding me." Maya said as she looked down at the costume that Riley had picked out for her.

"What? I think it's cute." Riley told her. Maya chuckled and shook her head.

"Come on, Riley. Cinderella has got to be the most cliché costume for any Halloween party." Riley smiled.

"But Maya I really think you could pull it off! Besides, uncle Josh is going to be there." Riley teased her causing Maya to roll her eyes.

"This concerns me how?" Maya asked her. Riley rolled her eyes.

"Just try on the costume, Maya!" She told her best friend as she pushed the blue dress into her chest. Maya sighed as she went into the dressing room of the costume shop to try it on.

Maya had turned 18 this past year and ever since then her and Josh's flirting had went from a 2 to a 11 on a scale of 1-10. Of course neither of them had made a move yet, but everyone knew that they had a official-unofficial thing going on. It was just a matter of time before one of them acted on it.

"So, when are you and Josh going to stop running in circles and actually make a move?" Riley asked from behind the curtain as she could hear Maya shuffling around to put the dress on.

"I guess whenever he feels like it's the right time." Maya responded. Riley scoffed.

"Why can't you just make the first move?" Riley asked her. Maya sighed.

"I don't know. I guess because I've been the one chasing him around all these years, it would just be nice to have him come forward and be the one to ask." Maya admitted. Riley's eyebrows furrowed.

"You think Josh doesn't care about you like that anymore?" Riley asked.

"Oh I know he does. Ever since I turned 18 it's like all limits of touching were turned off. He holds my hand every chance he gets, puts his arm around me, hugs me a lot closer and tighter than he usually did, and just the other day we were at Topanga's grabbing a smoothie and he put his arm around my waist and kissed the side of my head when one of our classmates winked at me from across the room. I just feel like if he cad do all that then he can be the one to make the move in asking me out." Maya finished her explanation and then opened the curtain to reveal her in the dress. Riley's eyes widened and she smiled.

"Maya you look amazing!" She exclaimed.

"I'm not wearing this." She said as she looked in the mirror. Riley scoffed.

"Come on Maya! I can do your hair in a bun and your makeup! You'll look just like Cinderella!" Riley exclaimed.

"This dress looks like something I should wear to the prom! Not to mention that it's so big that I will probably won't be able to fit it through the door." Maya told her. Riley rolled her eyes.

"You're wearing it! Every year you wear the same witch costume over and over. Now it's time to switch things up." Riley told her. Maya shook her head.

"This isn't me." She argued. Riley rolled her eyes as she placed a plastic tiara on her head.

"It's Halloween, it's the one night of the year that you aren't supposed to be yourself." Riley told her before turning around to go find her a costume. Maya sighed as she went back into the dressing room to take off the dress.
~
It was the night of the party and everyone was showing up on the roof. Maya stood in the corner of the roof as everyone was coming up to her to see if it really was Maya Hunter in the dress. Maya had her hair up in a bun with little side ringlets down the side of her face. Her makeup was done as well as the tiara on her head. She truly did look like she was dressed up to play Cinderella in a school play. 

"Wow! Maya you look great!" Farkle complimented as him and Smackle made their way over to where she was standing.

"Say that again Farkle and I'll wrap that bow tie around your neck just a little tighter." Maya threatened.

"She means thank you." Lucas said as he patted Farkle on the shoulder.

"Riley insisted that I be Cinderella for this party." Maya told them causing all three friends to share a look with each other. "What?" She asked. Smackle bit her lip and looked at Maya.

"It seems as if we know something that you don't." She told Maya. Maya nodded her head slowly.

"Yeah I got that much." Farkle and Lucas shared another amused look before turning around to walk away. "Hey! What's going on?" She yelled after them. Farkle turned around.

"Just don't kill us." He said before they all three then walked away into the sea of kids from their school. Maya sighed as she leaned back on the edge of the building.

"Now I would like to say that this is a coincidence but all of me knows better." Maya's eyes widened as she looked over at Josh who was dressed as none other than Prince Charming himself. She closed her eyes and sighed.

"I'm going to kill Riley." Josh chuckled as he made his way over to lean on the edge right beside Maya.

"I suppose you wouldn't know why Riley had called me the other day and asked me to dress up as Prince Charming?" Josh asked. Maya put her hands to her face and sighed before bringing them back down.

"I'm so sorry, Josh. I had no idea that this was why she wanted me to be Cinderella." Maya told him. Josh started laughing.

"I think it's kind of funny." He told her. Maya looked at him and shook her head.

"Maybe for you but it's a little embarrassing on this end." She told him. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"Why? So what she had us dress up like a couple, what's the big deal?" He asked as he scooted closer to Maya.

"Well, because we're not a couple." Maya said as she looked over at Josh. I mean, not technically." Maya told him. Josh looked away and took a deep breath before looking back over at Maya.

"I have a confession." He told her. Maya looked over at Josh and narrowed her eyebrows as she observed the small smile on his face. Her mouth dropped open as it dawned on her.

"You knew about this, didn't you?" She asked in disbelief. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"It was my idea." He told her. Maya's eyes widened as she smacked him on the shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me that?" She asked him as she couldn't contain the laugh that came out. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"I didn't tell her to do Cinderella and Prince Charming, I was as disgusted by it as you were." He told her. " But I did ask her to make sure it was a couples thing. Because I wanted to ask if you would go on a date with me." He told her. Maya smiled.

"And we had to dress up like a couple for you to ask me why?" She teased him causing him to roll his eyes.

"I thought it would be romantic." He mumbled as a blush spread across his face. Maya smiled and bumped his shoulder with hers.

"I'm not much for Cinderella and Prince Charming but, the couple thing is kind of growing on me." She told him. Josh smiled as he nodded his head over to the roof door.

"You want to get out of here? Finally go on that date?" Josh asked her. Maya smiled.

"As Cinderella and Prince Charming." She told him. Josh laughed and nodded his head.

"We might make some little kids very happy." He told her. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Riley might get upset that we ditched." She told him. Josh scoffed.

"Now you're just making up excuses." He told her. Maya smiled as he reached out his hand. "Shall we my princess?" He asked her. Maya smiled as she put her hand in his.

"We shall, my prince." Josh shook his head as he lead the way off of the roof.
_______________________________
That was kind of sucky but, whatever. Sorry for the long wait y'all! Hope you enjoyed!!