Twenty Four

Taehyung's POV

Taehyung's POV

Jae and I are currently revising for the next exams coming up. We break up for high school in a few weeks then it'll be prom.

I'm going to prom with Bomi and I think Jae's going to prom with Jimin. Maybe.

I glance at her and watch her revising far away from me. Her behaviour's been strange since that morning we had the first exam. She's been avoiding me since then. What is wrong with her?

Suddenly, I hear my phone ring. I pick up my phone and see Bomi's name on the screen. I smile slightly and answer the call. "Hello, baby."

Then she lets out a giggle. "Hey, taetae. I miss you..." She responds.

"Yeah...I...miss you too." I reply. I glance at Jae and catch her staring at me. She sighs and shakes her head. She gathers her revision stuff and walks upstairs. What is up with her?

"Prom is coming up, baby. You're already my date for it. No objections." She says.

"Yes, of course." I reply emotionlessly.

Then Bomi starts her rant over the phone, while I think about something else — Jae.

Why did she just suddenly go upstairs as soon as I mentioned Bomi?

Why is she avoiding me?

I know her birthday didn't go the way she wanted it to, but still why avoid me?

"Taetae? Can you hear me?" I hear her squeaky voice suddenly raising, causing me to snap out of my thoughts and move the phone away from my ear for a second and bring it back.

"Yes. I was listening the entire time." Not really.

"Okay, I believe you. But please come over. I'm feeling bored without you right now." She says in a needy tone.

"Bomi, I'm revising. We have exams. You should be revising too." I reply in annoyance.

"Oh come on, forget revision and come over. Please!" She begs, constantly repeating the word 'please' to convince me.

I sigh and put all my books away. "Fine." I breathe out in annoyance.

"Yay! I love you!!" She says cheerfully.