Lesson Two

Lesson Two - If They Stand Behind You, Protect Them. If They Stand Beside You, Respect Them. If They Stand Against You, Defeat Them.

Looking over my balcony with a knowing look on my face, I knew what was going to come tomorrow when our father came home.

My brother was so dead, there was no way to put it nicely and frankly I didn't want to. I should maybe start planning his funeral now.

What would his grave stone say? Maybe something like 'Here lies the the most idiotic sibling of the Andersons. May be rest in semi peace."

Don't want him to be to peaceful after all. That can get dull.

Now I know what you're going to say. Yes I did have a party before dad came home once but it was nothing like this. There was no doubt I could place my money on the fact that Damon didn't even know more than half these people.

The problem wasn't that it was people he didn't know, I knew they where from the North side and that didn't spell out good news. As soon as that piece of information was noticed by the rest of them all hell would break lose.

Watching my brother as he dived into the pool without a care in the world everyone else cheered him on. They were acting like he was a God, patting him on the back and lifting him up onto their shoulders. My brother was basking in the attention like he always did. He was like the rest of my brothers, always wanting to be in the heart of it all. It was in the Anderson genes that was for sure.

Our mother was to blame for that one.

"Ohhh that looks like fun. Can we please go down there." Sky begged knowing that I didn't want anything to do with my brother's pending death. If I went down there my father would hold me responsible to, as Damon would be quick to say I was there.

He was such a traitor at times. Not that I wouldn't do the same thing if I was in his shoes. I would just be a lot smarter about it than he would.

Sky knew it wouldn't take much begging for me to go down there. I was a rebel child after all and if I loved anything it was a party. The only thing that had me in two frames of mind was that it was Damon's party.

Every time I got involved in one of his parties I normally ending up in the middle of something because of him. What ever trouble he got himself in I wasn't normally that far behind him.

We were twins after all, you start something with one of us the other one is going to show up.

Last time he threw a party his plaything of the week caught him kissing another girl and she slapped him.

Now my brother would never hit a girl but she had hit him a lot harder than she needed to and they weren't even going out. The smug look on her face though after she hit him and knowing that he couldn't do anything about it was what pushed me over the edge.

So I did what any good sister would do for their brother. I punched her square in the face, breaking her nose. Our dad had to pay for the hospital bills and her parents were threatening to sue but I didn't care. No one would be allowed to think they would get one up on my brothers and get away with it.

"Please Lyra you know you want to go down there."

Sky was throwing me the puppy dog eyes and with her light blue eyes and baby face she knew I couldn't resist it when it came to her. She had these big doe like eyes that just got her everything she wanted and most of the time got her out of things as well. That and her innocence in any situation.

We both knew I wasn't stopping her or Jake from going down there but they were loyal. They wouldn't do something that I wasn't doing myself but that didn't mean they wouldn't try and torture or blackmail me to do it.