Side Story: How To Capture A General

It was no secret to the public that the second daughter of the first ranked Duke, Amelia, held affection towards General Logan.

She, who only attended banquets befitting of her rank, would never fail to show up to a banquet if it was confirmed the general would attend.

She, who held her head high, and only conversed with people of her standing, never failed to greet the general, who was not even a noble.

And she, who subtly mentioned her willingness to marry him was thoroughly rejected.

Of course when her father heard of the matter, he was furious! No matter how strong, no matter how great his achievements, how could the general reject his daughter so? Did he know how many men were lining up to get the chance to be his daughter's betrothed?

Amelia was the Duke's only daughter and he cherished her. He spared no effort raising her, only the best tutors were hired to instruct her, everything she owned could only be the best of the best. The Duke's oldest son was also in agreement with his father, and that's just how Amelia was raised. To the Duke, Amelia's only fault was her stubbornness.

When he saw how downcast the rejection had caused his daughter to become, he had wanted to go to the king to formally request a marriage, but to his surprise his daughter was against it.

After watching general Logan for such a long time, Amelia roughly understood his personality. She knew that forcing him to marry her would be the fastest way to earn his hatred. To have a successful marriage she wanted to have Logan completely wrapped around her finger.

After convincing her father and elder brother to leave the matter with the general to her, Amelia put her plan into action.

During the days when the general would train his soldiers, Amelia would go to the barracks to watch, often bringing along snacks. Whenever the general would take a break, she would start up a conversation with him, offering a drink.

It was no surprise to most when the general ignored her, he had no intention of accompanying some pampered miss.

Whether or not the general's indifference towards her affected her, she would show up to his training sessions without fail. She was clearly very stubborn and wouldn't give up without a fight.

After about a month, the general finally gave in and began conversing with Amelia, much to her delight.

And after two months Amelia knew the general like the back of her hand. She knew all of his likes and dislikes, and would specially prepare food to suit his tastes.

The general, who was always tired and hungry after training, had begun to look forward to the time he would spend with her during his breaks.

As time went by, Amelia begun to show up less and less to his training. Although he was unwilling to admit it, the general was worried. Unable to reign in his curiosity, Liam question Amelia about her absence.

"Lately father has begun insisting that I attend marriage meetings."

To say the general was shocked would be an understatement, he had completely forgotten that she was of noble upbringing.

"I think father is worried because I've already passed the age for marriage." Amelia continued.

"Then you should hurry up and marry, don't let your father worry." Liam responded coldly.

"If your so worried about how my father feels, then you should hurry up and marry me." Amelia said with a teasing smile.

Seeing the general struck by silence, Amelia continued, "I won't be waiting on you forever, you should hurry up and ask for my hand in marriage."

The general laughed, "How bold of you."

"Don't pretend you don't like my boldness."

The general's laughed sounded throughout the training grounds.