20. The Tutor

20

I had been sitting on his bed for a little while when I heard the door open and I looked up. He was standing there. I quickly got up, ran over, and hugged him.

"Whoa!" He said chuckling and slowly wrapping his arms around me. "What's the matter?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled against his chest.

"For what?"

"For being mean. For ever being mean to you."

"Oh, I know what this is about." I could feel realization go through him.

"You opened my desk drawer didn't you?" He said putting his chin on the top of my head. I didn't say anything. I just held him tighter. "You remind me of her in ways." He said quietly.

"How?" I said against his cotton shirt.

"Well, you saw the picture. You look very similar. When I first met you I didn't see it because you were hidden behind the hair and the makeup, but when you cut your hair that day and you had no makeup on I was shocked at the similarity."

"So, you only liked me after I cut my hair and died it back and had no makeup?"

"Heck no. I realized I liked you way before that. At that point it had to have been you that I liked so much."

I glared up at him. "Are you making fun of my hair?"

"Yes, but that's not the point." He smirked.

"Then what is?"

"That I love you now." He brushed a stray hair out of my eyes.

I smiled up at him. "That's nice to know."

"And, I don't care if you go back to the way your hair was before, I'll still love you, but I prefer your hair like this."

"You're so sweet."

"Yeah, I know." He leaned down and pressed his lips on mine.

I pouted when he pulled away.

"Well, it's almost time for dinner and we're going out. Do you want to get ready?" He asked.

"Where are we going?"

"Jimmy's Diner. It's kind of a nice place. You don't have to be really dressed up, but look nice."

"Alright. I can handle that."

"No combat boots."

"Dang it. Okay, maybe not."

He laughed. "Don't you have those normal boots?"

"Oh! I haven't worn those in a while. How did you know about them?"

"I saw them in your room."

"I hate you and your ridiculous memory sometimes."

He had a smug smile playing on his lips. "Just get ready."

I walked over to my suitcase and found some clothes. I decided on my nice skinny blue jeans, a white long sleeved polo, and a black sweater to go over it. It was a little thin for the middle of November, but it wasn't like I would be standing outside for ages.

I turned around and Carson was standing there...without a shirt and just in boxers. I could feel myself blush and my eyes widened. I'm just glad he was facing away so he couldn't see my pink cheeks. That's when I decided to play his game. I knew that he was messing with me. He knows what he's doing. So I smirked and took my shirt off, revealing my black bra. I took my pants off too and no, I wasn't wearing matching underwear. It was pink with black polka dots, but whatever. I grabbed my pants and slowly slid them on. It's not like I was just going to stop dressing for him to see me half naked, but if he happens to turn around, that would be a plus.